Has BIONICLE/LEGO Ever Gotten You Into Trouble?

Oh, I get in way more trouble with System (specifically Star Wars)…but that’s for another topic. :wink:

And another time (when I was about 5), I colored my brand new Vakama metru’s mask black using a sharpie. My dad yelled at me, and made me scrub the mask until it was red again…

…to this day, there are still specks of black on the mask. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Which topic?

Your dad must’ve really liked Vakama

12 Likes

Well, I have to save it for the topic that says “When has LEGO gotten you in trouble” (not specifically BIONICLE). But that topic doesn’t exist yet…

1 Like

Changed the title. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Your dad seems… How to put it… Impulsive. Knocking down a shelf? That seems a little extreme. The vakama mask I kinda understand but still. Sheesh.

8 Likes

@Rocksteady Oh, okay then! So as I’m sure we all know, stop-motion videos take a long time to make. When I start filming a scene, I usually stay in my room for several hours…which my dad doesn’t like.

To get back at me, he deleted all of my progress (about 500 photos) from my computer…I got set back a few weeks, and he locked me out of my room for 3 days. :frowning:

@TakanuvaMasterOfTime …yeah, he’s bipolar and has serious anger issues.

7 Likes

…now that’s just cruel…terribly cruel…at least my dad would understand the effort I put into my work, and just tell me to stop or something.

How does one lock someone out of their own room? :smile:

7 Likes

Well, in my house, each room has a lock with a corresponding key…So he just took away the key. :stuck_out_tongue: and yeah, like I said, he overreacts…

5 Likes

Hey I know that picture! Still like the Avohkii and the shading!

I once stayed up till three AM trying to build a system mech (which absolutely tanked as far as quality in the end)

Needless to say, I to this day have the worst prioritization skills.

5 Likes

Never, actually. The only trouble I have is when I’m trying to stay up late editing a Bionicle video and my Mom orders me off the computer and marches me to my room :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Never, really. My mom has only threatened to take them away because I wasn’t paying attention or something, but it hasn’t gone beyond that point.

5 Likes

The only thing Bionicle gets me in it trouble with is my wallet. They like to take a lot of my money from time to time.

17 Likes

Luckily my dad was a geek/nerd long before me so he’s tolerant of my antics.

6 Likes

I’m afraid to even mention Bionicle to my dad, probably because he would like me to ‘grow up’ and stop playing with ‘dolls’ (ain’t that a trope). When I got Lewa, I didn’t say a word about it until my mom told him. He just sort of gave me a look like “Seriously? What the heck?”

We have a bad relationship

11 Likes

Back when I was a kid my room was a mess of bonkle parts, my grandma came in and forced to organize everything and rebuild each set, and she made sure I did by comparing the photo of the can and the set

8 Likes

Oh, my dad is the same way…He now rarely lends me money to buy sets because he’s hoping I’ll grow out of it. Little does he know that I never will…

Anyway, here’s another story: One time, I took apart one of my Star Wars sets (echo base) for a MOC…When my dad found out, he made me take apart the MOC and rebuild the set.

5 Likes

Same here. Every year my grandpa calls them “transformers” and he garantees me later on, that I’ll grow out of then and sell them. Clearly he doesn’t understand that value and enjoyment of collecting.

@Clone_01354_Productions I can’t even with your dad :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I actually asked my grandparents for transformers, and when they saw that Iruini and Norik could fold up to fit back in their canisters, they assumed they were transformers made my Lego. Thus, I got my first Bionicle set.

14 Likes

Same, I do not say anything in fear he will flip and make me get rid of them.

my whole family is kinda against me liking LEGO

My mom thinks that I need to grow out of it and find something better to do, but I really do not enjoy much else, and she is always telling me to “buy something else”

My Dad…yeeshh… he was fine with the Lego, cuz he had them as a kid. and he believed that because of my ADD he thinks they help, but before that he HATED HF and BIONICLE. he always scowled whenever we got a new set. and he was not that happy when my birthday rolled around and all I wanted…was LEGO…but he saw Scarox and thought that the functions were really cool. and the fact that you built them was awesome to him, but now…he does not even no, he has given up trying to stop me because now I am the one buying me LEGO. he cant tell if I am messing with a MOC or a new set at this point so…eh. he might think I waste my time but he has learned to keep it to himself.

My younger brother… He enjoys LEGO, he has a falling out now and then but I make sure to reel him back in. he is having another falling out due to too much Minecraft but eh.

My older sister. she thinks that I am fine, that as long as they do not get in the way they are fine. HECK! She gave me her LEGO after she fell out of it…

My older brother. now…how do I put this mildly…uh…we do not get along. he likes computers and vehicles. and I like LEGO…so yea. he tends to make fun of me when I watch Ninjago or Hero Factory because they are “children shows” but I have shown him time and time again, that I can prove him wrong and if it comes to blows, I can win…

My aunt. she thinks that they are kinda a waste of money…she made me a bet that I could not last a week with out using electronics and if I could, then she would give me 30 dollars. I won, and she was not sure why I bought two bionicle sets instead of something else.

Other people…they ether tease me, or they do not know…or they do not care.

but I have gotten a LOT of trash for liking Lego from sports junkies that think I would be a amazing footbal player, but instead of doing that I sit at home on the computer or MOCing…

8 Likes