Helryx: Ancient Guardian (Canon Contest #1: The First)

Apologies for some of the mediocre photos, university work completely messed up my chances for getting them polished up but I hope y’all like the MOC at least.

360 View:

Action shot:

Breakdown photos:

104 Likes

Love this. Great balance between frail and strong-that custom head gives it so much character.

5 Likes

The head design is very nice!

3 Likes

Splendid custom mask & feet! The rib cage is also interesting.

4 Likes

This is just incredible. I love everything about this.

1 Like

I love it so much! Fragile yet imposing and so many cool and interesting building techniques. Purely incredible!

3 Likes

Everything about this is perfect. I was wondering when you would come in with an absolutely awesome Helryx, and this does not disappoint.

1 Like

This is phenomenal.

Just finished voting through all the polls

Yours was in the final one, and it blew me away far and beyond. This is such a striking design, really stands out.

I hope you win

Really cool design! I love the mask.

Honestly hope this one wins!

2 Likes

The best word I can use to describe this, is exotic. Not in a bad way though!
It has an interesting almost skeletal feel to the entire figure. Also the addition of the broken horn gives it the weathered look you would expect from the first Toa.

2 Likes

This design for Toa Helryx just screams ancient and powerful,
I love it.

2 Likes

Incredible. Very Miramax-esque, which I think Greg will appreciate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m in love with this ribcage! Dragon head looks nice, it’s a shame it won’t be on the final design but I guess that’s fine since the mask doesn’t really fit a toa anyways.

This is the best one, no doubt.

It looks really fantastic, however for a Toa it feels to me somewhat overbuilt.

1 Like

Great use of system parts. I got a bit of Dark Souls vibe from this and I love it! the mace, ribcage, and head are def the highlights of this build for me:)

1 Like

My favorite of the bunch! I especially love the brick-built mask!

1 Like