Helryx Art Contest Submission by ToaFautann

Here is my submission for the art portion of the contest. I decided to have several versions of the main piece, because I didn’t like the shield blocking some of my hard work :wink: :wink: :wink:

As for the turn-around of the mask itself, please excuse my amateurity, I’m new to the turn-around idea. The top-down angle is probably inaccurate to how it should look; the point is for it to be a hau with horns and manta-esque fins on the forehead :man_shrugging:
Thank you for viewing and I hope you like it!

41 Likes

I like how you’ve done her posture here; makes her look less hunchbacked than the physical moc did.

2 Likes

Her right elbow is bent backwards, and looks very unnatural. I like it other than that, and like t15 said, like how you interpreted the hunch.

2 Likes

@Timeline15 Thank you! The hunchback was my only real problem with the original moc, so I’m glad other people like my interpretation.

@Racie02 I intended it to look more like it was bent the right way and twisting to show the underside of her arm and hand, but I can totally see how it looks like her arm is bent wrong. Either way, thanks!

2 Likes

Something seems off. It reminds me the fire drones. Maybe the head should be bigger.

5 Likes

@ToaFautann That’s an excellent rendering of Helryx, and though I didn’t have an initial problem with the “hunchbacked” appearance, what you’ve done looks great. If I had to make a critical comment, it would be that the head and Kanohi seem a bit small relative to the body, as @AlexanderTG said.

1 Like

@AlexanderTG @Keplers Funny that’s off to you guys, in making it I was bothered by how big it was, must’ve made it too small trying to fix it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s nice, I like how you changed the proportions of the original without changing the look of BIONICLE pieces. The mask is cool but it looks too fancy for her body design imo… Don’t get me wrong, I still think it’s a great mask design that captures the early G1 aesthetic really well!

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad you like the design of her mask, even if you don’t think it’s so fitting for Helryx.

1 Like