Hero Factory Canon Contests?

So what you’re really saying what we need to do is a stopmotion series showing all the events of the FM broadcasts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now if only we had the skills to do that.

8 Likes

Eh…I don’t know…Hero Factory, unlike Bionicle, doesn’t seem to have a creator that still keeps in contact with the fandom. So there’d be no approval of the high powers for this.

2 Likes

I do really like the idea, but I am not sure if the community at large would really care. But maybe some Hero Factory MOC contests (that aren’t necessarly meant to canonize characters) could be a lot of fun.

3 Likes

wow, this is a really great idea! hope it happens,

4 Likes

yes, please

3 Likes

I need this.

3 Likes

We really need an official set appearance of that mysterious villain at the end of Breakout and beginning of Brain Attack.

4 Likes

Wow, I’ll admit I was thinking of trash talking the suggestion of a canon contest for HF but boy I didn’t realise how many characters there were, that would be awesome to see them given appearances.

6 Likes

I know im a bit late to the party but I ironically fully support the idea of a hero factory canon contest.

5 Likes

It looks like he just used Von Nebula’s old character model.

1 Like

I’d certainly be in support of on e as well! I am an HF fan. I have many of the sets, and enjoyed what we got story-wise, for the most part.

4 Likes

I’m down for this :raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better. Frankly, there’s no need to add a canon stamp onto Hero Factory MOCs. Given the complaints about the Helryx contest, I think either fanon contests or no contests would be for the better if there’s enough demand for one at all.

3 Likes

@ajtazt
Yeah, I think that even though Hero Factory has its own good merits as a LEGO theme, (such as a ton of potential and some good books that they let Greg write) I think that due to 1) the sandbox-nature of the theme (that arguably exceeded even Bionicle’s “Golden Years”) and 2) the fact that community support and desire for canon appearances for these non-set characters more than likely would not get the quantity rallied for it that would be required, we probably won’t be seeing HF Canon Contests take place (at least in this point in time, anyway).

On a somewhat unrelated topic, did you per chance happen to post an HF story on the LEGO.com General Gallery (back when it was open) titled “Forest Cutter’s Audio Logs”? (There were also chapters in that story that were audio logs by characters such as a villain named “McStabber” (at least, I think was the villain’s name, anyway), Forest Cutter’s orange-clad teammate, (sorry for not recalling his name), and a mysterious 4th narrator.)

2 Likes

@Jathru_Cranli Why yes I did. I’m surprised you remember that, let alone most of the names/titles. Though I’m afraid your current username isn’t ringing any bells in my head, so who were you? And/or what creations did you make?

1 Like

@ajtazt I’m not sure that you’d remember me, as of the fact that I might not have commented on your creations.

As for the story, though, it was possibly my favorite thing HF that I’d ever encountered when I read it;:+1: (well, I’d read part of it, anyway; you wouldn’t have happened to have reposted it anywhere after the Gallery’s shutdown, would you? Not archiving it before the shutdown was possibly my biggest Gallery regret) I really enjoyed the alternative-styled storytelling method of “audio logs” that you used,- it made it feel like I had stumbled on to a background plot by finding hidden collectibles in a sci-fi FPS.:+1:

1 Like

With the way you write, how your username is laid out, and your passion for Lego, I have this strange feeling that I know you in real life. Would you mind answering this query: do you remember reading The Scorpion King for a science class? Sorry to bother you, it’s just such an odd hunch I have that I would like answered.

@Kanohi_Cantri
Sorry, but your post is the first I’ve heard of this “Scorpion King” book. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. I just couldn’t shake this thought with your username being a letter scramble for the person I knew, along with the aforementioned points. But hey, you’re likely a nice guy too.
By the way, The Scorpion King is a great read that I would recommend, although I wish it were a movie. Yes there is a movie named as such, but it is not like the book.

@Kanohi_Cantri
Well, thanks (for the compliment and for letting me know about the book).
Have a nice day.:+1: