Hero Factory: The Call to Heroism

Very nice. The color scheme is quite striking and I like the idea of the smaller robot partner. Neat job

2 Likes

Camera: Nikon Coolpix S3300
Photograph Date: October 3rd, 2021

Meteorite the Living Meteor Blaster:

General Body:

About to fire his “head” at someone:

Ah, another previously story-only character given physical form. And one of my favorite characters to boot, though if you’ve seen my RPCs that probably wasn’t hard to figure out. I either have serious edgelords or wacky-goofy fellows with serious tales.

4 Likes

i really like this one, colors look great!

3 Likes

Ooh this one looks cool. The idea of the meteor launcher being his head is goofy and the colors are neat. Nice job

3 Likes

“And this guy has had a meteoric rise in his villainy. What will he stop at??”
Nice design! I love all the guns!

2 Likes

@Rhyla416, @Rukah, and @DuneToa Thanks all!

Photograph Date: October 3rd, 2021

Gabriel Freeway and Speedy:

Gabriel Freeway - Physical Edition:

Speedy - Physical Edition:

Version Comparison:

So why rebuilt theses guys little over two years later? Well, I wanted all my HF characters in a physical form, so that included them. Aside from the obvious color changes due to physical parts limitations, they do share a number of improvements over their digital counterparts. They’re a lot more structurally sound on the internals…which I forgot to take pictures of for comparison. Despite how it may look, Speedy’s gun arms are completely different on the inside.

It may have just been a two year gap, but building these guys physically I had no idea what I was thinking. Both as in, “how did I come to this solution?” and “why did I build it that way, you know it wouldn’t hold well.”

5 Likes

Ah these two are pretty neat. I quite like how the drone thingy is built and the other guy is a nice build as well. Great mocs!

2 Likes

Photograph Date: November 13th, 2021

Scrap Crusher:

General Body:

Action:

And we’re back on the new train with another story-only character, Scrap Crusher! With some goofy arms, so what’s going on here? Well, I wanted a punching feature, like Rock’em Sock’em, but didn’t want to go the typical Technic beam scissor style. And I wanted to go with something simplistic, as the character was described as having specialized hydraulics and pistons, so I went with this simple push axel through peg hole construction.

. . .

It sucks. I don’t mean how lame it looks when the arms extend, that’s unintentionally hilarious. Going from these beefy Popeye forearms to the thinnest sticks imaginable. What a joke! But no, the function itself. If I gave myself more time, perhaps I could solve it, but pushing the arms forward into a punching motion isn’t fun and difficult. The shoulders like to move when attempting to push on the gears, my gear choices were too small but anything bigger would be weird, and the forearms otherwise just flop around.

His legs are also supposed to have this function, but after the arms I decided it was better to give the vague notion of it rather than an attempted function. Perhaps I’ll return to this function idea again in future, but this attempt is a failure.

3 Likes

This silver guy looks cool. The uniform color scheme is nice and I like the build. Neat moc

2 Likes

Decapitator:

General Body:

Alt Headshot:

Action:

Version Comparison:
Imgur

Ah Decapitator my old friend, ye whom I had to censor on the old Lego General Gallery to get it past moderation. Simplified, cleaned up, and hopefully my visually coherent. Let me know if you can tell he has three eyes and isn’t just a cyclops. Because of how messy the original is, I could understand how most were unable to tell that he has three eyes and not just the one atop his head, but for those I showed later seem to still be surprised that the things on the side of the head are eyes as well. Something still yet to improve on.

4 Likes

Looks great! The gunmetal and trans-dark blue go together really well and the shaping is neat. Nice moc!

3 Likes

Meteor:

General Body:

With Umbrella Open:

The Rotary Triple-Barrel Meteor Blaster:

With its rotating blast shields open and definitely not an umbrella.

Next Time on Call to Heroism:

Name still pending, but as inventor of the Meteor Blaster he of course has a specialized variant. And some other, bigger claims to fame that you may one day see.

5 Likes

i love the umbrella design, so clever

3 Likes

I love that head. It’s so charming with the big eyes!

2 Likes

That head build is really nice, and I quite like the umbrella blaster. Neat colors too, awesome moc!

2 Likes

@Rhyla416, @DuneToa, and @Rukah Thanks!

alt

Team name pending.

The First Hero:

Name pending, the first Hero produced by the Hero Factory, going for a white knight in shining armor look. Which is why he has the rhino helmet, because that was the closest to a knight helm.

Richard Stainer:

Other Poses:

Version Comparison:
Imgur

…So, I actually still really like the original version. I know he’s basically a rainbow covered in dark gunmetal armor, but I love it. Though going something closer to a 2.0, had to simplify and eliminate most of the colors.

Alex Radical:

Other Poses:

Version Comparison:
Imgur

Now Rad here on the other hand, I like his simplification more. He’s not as cool weapon-wise anymore, also because early years, but the simplified version at least makes his torso and forelegs looks more coherent.

4 Likes

Ah, very nice. These three mocs are pretty cool and each has a distinctive design. Neat job!

2 Likes

Up next in our timeline is the Depth Charge Gang, which they and the HeroFeburary creations from this year would be considered canon to this version. But they and Turaga Oharohka would be the last ones to use the old Nikon camera as now we have…

Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T8i
Photograph Date: March 20th, 2022

Minion Bots/Drones:

Hover Drone:

Tracked Drone:

Fun Poses:

Minion Drone:

These guys are all based on the enemies/Minion Bots found in the Hero Factory Mission games. Unfortunately, most of the images are tiny and I wasn’t able to get the files for the enemy sprites to open properly…and forgot to try taking screenshots when playing the games for reference material for later comparison. So here are examples from HeroSector01 for the Minion Drones.

4 Likes

Ooh those three look really cool! I quite like the monochromatic, industrial design and you’ve done it well, nice job!

2 Likes

Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T8i
Photograph Date: March 20th, 2022

Tremor:

General Body:

Random Closeups:

Version Comparison:
Imgur

5 Likes