Hero Factory: The Call to Heroism

I love that head. It’s so charming with the big eyes!

2 Likes

That head build is really nice, and I quite like the umbrella blaster. Neat colors too, awesome moc!

2 Likes

@Rhyla416, @DuneToa, and @Rukah Thanks!

Camera: Nikon Coolpix S3300
Photograph Date: November 13th, 2021

alt

Team name pending.

The First Hero:

Name pending, the first Hero produced by the Hero Factory, going for a white knight in shining armor look. Which is why he has the rhino helmet, because that was the closest to a knight helm.

Richard Stainer:

Other Poses:

Version Comparison:
Imgur

…So, I actually still really like the original version. I know he’s basically a rainbow covered in dark gunmetal armor, but I love it. Though going something closer to a 2.0, had to simplify and eliminate most of the colors.

Alex Radical:

Other Poses:

Version Comparison:
Imgur

Now Rad here on the other hand, I like his simplification more. He’s not as cool weapon-wise anymore, also because early years, but the simplified version at least makes his torso and forelegs looks more coherent.

4 Likes

Ah, very nice. These three mocs are pretty cool and each has a distinctive design. Neat job!

2 Likes

Up next in our timeline is the Depth Charge Gang, which they and the HeroFeburary creations from this year would be considered canon to this version. But they and Turaga Oharohka would be the last ones to use the old Nikon camera as now we have…

Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T8i
Photograph Date: March 20th, 2022

Minion Bots/Drones:

Hover Drone:

Tracked Drone:

Fun Poses:

Minion Drone:

These guys are all based on the enemies/Minion Bots found in the Hero Factory Mission games. Unfortunately, most of the images are tiny and I wasn’t able to get the files for the enemy sprites to open properly…and forgot to try taking screenshots when playing the games for reference material for later comparison. So here are examples from HeroSector01 for the Minion Drones.

4 Likes

Ooh those three look really cool! I quite like the monochromatic, industrial design and you’ve done it well, nice job!

2 Likes

Tremor:

General Body:

Random Closeups:

Version Comparison:
Imgur

5 Likes

Wow. This is an epic villain. He really looks like he’d cause tremors when walking.

2 Likes

Another very nicely made moc. Tremor here looks quite intimidating and the gunmetal armor is used well, love the shaping. Cool build

2 Likes

@DuneToa and @Rukah Thanks!

MB V.1 - Ex Super:

General Body:

Mad science gone…somewhere? Results may vary.

5 Likes

marendar is that you
joking aside, this looks so cool!

3 Likes

@Rhyla416 Thanks. Though believe it or not, but it’s too big to be Marendar. Despite popular depiction, he’s a small dude and the experimental super is taller and wider.

Photograph Date: May 7th, 2022

MindWAV:

General Body:

If you don’t recognize some of the parts, the ears, gauge on the back, and weapon are all linked. Originally, he was going to be a lot bigger and have more NXT/robotics weaponry, but it wasn’t looking good. So this smaller, more limited version, is the compromise.

5 Likes

Constance the Dragon Slayer:

General Body:

Version Comparison:
Imgur

Ah the old dragon slayer, my attempt at replicating the HF “titan” builds, specially Fire Lord. And what a disaster that was, but I didn’t have any of the fire villains and didn’t look up instructions. This time around, I decided to once again go the Fire Lord route but did look up how he was built to use as a baseline. So no skeleton breakdown, as it’s just a modified Fire Lord, should be easy enough to figure out.

He’s also still, mostly, using the HF titan leg design. It’s just turned sidewise as that looks so much better than the awkward wide legs of the sets. Also generally helps that he’s on the bulkier end so it doesn’t look too strange from the side.

But yeah, pretty different from his prior version. Like Decapitator, it is mostly a cleaned up version with less colors, but his upper half is very different, because he’s basically Rotor now. So what happened?

Originally, he fly using some sort of repulsor lift stuff with the shoulder add-on things on the front. Yes, those were for flying. No, I don’t remember why I did that. My best guess is that I didn’t have the parts to make proper wings or a jetpack or something else and decided to go totally different. And I was going to do that here, you can see those same pieces can be moved around on their own rather than just rest at the shoulders. But because it looks dumb, I was going to have them be face shields instead. Because dragons, fire, need a face shield.

Though it looked much better as shoulder armor and gave a more hunched look. Since I still needed a method for him to fly, and he’s now more hunched, going to the Rotor route seemed more fun. Even if a rotor-pack would probably be a terrible way to fly around and fight dragons.

3 Likes

Reamer:

General Body:

Vertical Version

Close Ups and Extras:

Version Comparison:
Imgur

Imgur

7 Likes

Nice! I love those Galidor legs.

2 Likes

Ooh those four mocs look really good. The parts usage is quite well done and all of them have a distinct design and character. Awesome job!

2 Likes

@DuneToa Thanks! Though weirdly enough, they aren’t Galidor limbs, they were only used in Alpha Team sets. I imagine that they probably were developed for Galidor originally and then edited, but I don’t believe we have confirmation as to their origin.

@Rukah Thanks!

Build Date: May 21th, 2022
Photograph Date: February 18th, 2023

Not Turbo:
IMG_1591a

General Body:
IMG_1594a
IMG_1595a
IMG_1598a

IMG_1601a
IMG_1603a

Not Flare:
IMG_1606a
IMG_1609a
IMG_1612a
IMG_1615a
IMG_1619a

Not Spark and Not Electro:
IMG_1620a

Not Spark:
IMG_1626a
IMG_1628a
IMG_1630a
IMG_1632a

Not Electro:
IMG_1635a
IMG_1638a
IMG_1639a
IMG_1641a
IMG_1644a

Transporting:
IMG_1645a
IMG_1648a
IMG_1649a
IMG_1651a
IMG_1652a

. . .

So. you may have noticed that I added a “build date” to the column. If you’ve been paying attention to the dates, since the build portion of the project started, photos were being taken with a gap of a couple weeks to a month. There was a longer stretch near the end of 2021 due to holidays, but otherwise not massive gaps, so what happened? Why were these guys built shortly after the last batch but not photographed until nine months later?

Well. My general goal has been to have at least six figures before doing a photoshoot. Unless they’re too big or ate up too many parts, because they’re dismantled after getting photos. But for these guys, I wanted their entire group to be built for a big family photo. As you probably guess from the names, these are based on the Slizers/Throwbots. There’s a gang of baddies based on them and the Roboriders. More specifically, hybridized with the Roboriders. And that has been the design problem.

Aside from IRL stuff that came up, figuring out the direction and design has been more of a challenge. And then from July onwards, I was participating in contests for the rest of 2022 or doing other build ideas that were for contests. Though some of my skeleton dudes did double as further testing directions for these guys. But in that time, I realized a large group photo wouldn’t work. Didn’t have the space for it and I kept borrowing parts for these guys. Thus I finally bite the bullet, took their photos, and dismantled them. Don’t know when the rest of their group will be finished, but it will be eventually.

But I do have one more MOC left to go before we’ve reached the end of this stockpile. Its photos were taken before these guys, but they were built later to this works better timeline wise.

4 Likes

Ah these guys look pretty cool. I like the use of ccbs parts and all four are quite well done. Nice job!

2 Likes

Photograph Date: February 12th, 2023

Bzzing:
IMG_1531a
IMG_1532a
IMG_1537a
IMG_1541a
IMG_1542a
IMG_1546a

Version Comparison:
Imgur

Built the original version in later 2020 to practice some potential torso designs while I was waiting for parts. The entire arm structure is connected to size 3 shells, which is why in the original I said it won’t work. I thought that would be too weak, but this version is a bit more reinforced and holds up better than expected.

Like I said several times now, I told you I build a lot of bugs. :stuck_out_tongue:

But now that we’re at the last one, what’s next? The mission isn’t over, I still have a lot of people left to build. So I’ll continue to update this topic with new MOCs when they’re finished for this project. I don’t know when the next ones will be posted, but they will come eventually.

Known peeps on the to-do list:

The remaining members of the Slizers//Roboriders gang
Members of the Autoalytic Corporation - Basically the last of the 2014 HF Revamps.
Revolver Sam - Last 2015 Revamp
Gargantuan Smash - canon HF villain.
[redacted] - Wait, I guess saying their name is a spoiler.
Mu 14 Team/the Mutant Team
“Superhero Team”
Reprogrammer
A.T.O.V.
Silencer
Nature Friendly
Incognito
Ruination
Ziggy-Zagger
Slaut Shot
Severia
Dr. Mite
Claw Creator and goons
Grenadier
Assimilate
Corsair
Calamity
Sheol
Clarnobyl
Leon Tracke
Geneo
Rubberburn
Odds
etc.

3 Likes

Very nice moc. I particularly like the color combo and shaping used here, neatly done.

2 Likes