Hero Factory: The Call to Heroism

Odds:

IMG_1887a

General Body:

extras

IMG_1889a
IMG_1906a

Designer’s Notes: Both Odds are Rubberburn were winning entries in a contest I held back on the Lego General Galleries…They were also the only entries, but I’m happy anyone entered at all. Part of the prize was that their characters would become part of the story and they did appear in audio logs not too long afterwards.

. . . And those audio logs are the only bits of info left on them. I never archived their photos or original descriptions, so aside from what I wrote I only have memory to rely on what they looked like from 6+ years ago. Of the two, I hardly remember what Odds looked like. I’m pretty sure he was black with a lot of trans-green parts, was quite large, had lightning themed weapons, and a staff with a black fist.

In a vague sense, I sort of included those elements. He was a preacher and a gambler, so I gave him a more preacher look. He’s got a lightning staff, black with some green. So good enough I suppose.

Rubberburn:
IMG_1913a

Designer’s Notes: Now Rubberburn I have a lot more clear memories of design. And in my memory, he was basically Evo with black or gunmetal armor thrown in with his yellow, had a more sports/racing car look, had that same sword piece, the Ben 10 claw hand, and wheel feet. Now, from what I remember, he had a more complex build than this and used Breakout Evo’s helmet. But I wanted to go a different route and been really wanting to use that speed test piece for something.

He’s difficult to get standing straight. I can get him to do it on tables and counters, but not in the lightbox. Which is funny, because the pose he’s in is also the main pose the originally Rubberburn was in. Now I wonder if that was done for a similar reason - stability for photos.

Kontrol Thrim:
IMG_1866a

General Body:
IMG_1872a
IMG_1875a
IMG_1881a
IMG_1882a

Innards:

Previous Version:
Imgur

4 Likes

. . . Whoops. I guess I took a longer break from this than I thought. Let’s fix that a wee bit.

The photos are darker and more washed out than in past photos. I didn’t realize they were that dark when taking the photos, I should have that corrected in my next batch of MOCs. But we’re nearly out of revamp town.

ExH Show Floor Unit/Drake Expo:
IMG_2334a
IMG_2337a
IMG_2343a
IMG_2342a
IMG_2345a

Prior Version:
Imgur

ExH Police Unit:

Prior Version:
Imgur

ExH SWAT Unit: