Hidden Side

Welp, another unlicensed theme down the tubes. At least it made the standard 3 years. Hopefully we’ll have something to replace it.

1 Like

Not 3 years, just three waves. The theme started only last year.

1 Like

Really… ugh… 2019 and 2020 feel like they’ve been going on forever…

Either way that’s even more disappointing to hear.

4 Likes

Darn it, I liked Hidden Side, even though we’ve had similar horror lines before like Scooby-Doo, Ghostbusters, and Monster Fighters, this one really caught my attention with the unique box art and references to early 2000s lego.

4 Likes

Hidden Side was not a Big Bang theme, so It wasn’t really planned to last for three years. It was just a more casual Action Adventure theme, similar to Monster Fighters. Monster Fighters only had one wave, while Hidden Side had three waves. So even though it’s not a lot, it’s still something.

2 Likes

It was merely a test for their augmented reality gimmick.

As far as I know hidden side did not sell well at all. It was an interesting idea but the sets themselves weren’t really stand out to me personally. Plus the box art was pretty darn bad.

1 Like

My little brother loved these sets (I haven’t bought LEGO in years) and I thought they looked pretty cool. Especially the figures. Hope they get another good unlicensed

1 Like

So, according to Brickfanz, Hidden Side may actually not be over just yet:

Well, it was my understanding that the Halloween special is meant to be the “big conclusion” where Nehmaar Reem rises and is defeated.

I actually really like Hidden Side, so I hope it continues for at least another wave. If this is the end though, I’m glad that we got what we did.

2 Likes

where is that darn fire truck

2 Likes