Hivea Queen of the Hive (Insectopia)

What crap?

All I’m saying is that harshness has a place in criticism, and can still get across important suggestions for improvement.

It’s just a matter of knowing what to take in and what to ignore.

Ignore blatant and/or extreme antagonism and focus on what the critique is suggesting you to actually do to improve things.

Harshness is too subjective to outright restrict.

Just let it all flow.

12 Likes

someone needs to learn to take criticism…

As for the moc, cluttered, very, very cluttered, it looks more like construction equipment than an insect, I didn’t even notice the extra arms at first.
Also, how those specs of gold are supposed to be armor is beyond me.
Ccbs is excellent for creating exoskeletons, this really needs to be streamlined, use some shells on it.

11 Likes

im trying to not use ccbs for small femme charaters cause ccbs dont do the length of parts i need and any way im not a a mocer that will just simply make a ccbs build and call it there own so NO and any way queen bees are big and bulky, do some reasearch before going ahead criting cause it makes it a hate/ harsh comment

On the internet you’re gonna have to get used to criticism and being told issues ESPECIALLY in any form of art. That’s just how it is. If there where truely any harsh criticism the site moderators would probably step in, they’re called moderators for a reason.

Secondly though I get that you aren’t blatantly plagiarizing Shadow’s mocs, you’re almost always on the border of it. I get that you say it’s inspired by, but you copy much of the design choices, build them different, then post it. I’d like to see some creativity here, with original ideas and design choices. Until then however, my opinion will go unchanged.

8 Likes

All I said was use some shells to make the build less cluttered, not to make a “ccbs build”.

Yeah no, three things,
one: the moc should look good without me having to do research,
two: said “research” doesn’t excuse the flaws anyway,
and three: pointing out the flaws of your moc isn’t hate/harsh.

sorry for triggering you with my opinion.

14 Likes

That’s not quite how that goes and it was an honest critic, he does however have a point. I do like some of the designs in this, but I feel it’s disconnected. Maybe just a few more gold pieces and some shells can fix that.

9 Likes

Wait, so is she small, big, or small for a queen bee?

7 Likes

well make it so it doesnt sound like hate or harsh i do take things seriously its what made me have 15 GFs until the one im currently with now, and i dont want to make my insect characters too cartoony when i need to i’ll use the armour from ccbs i have spent 6 weeks making Hivea 6 weeks if you dont like what i make then dont bother viewing my mocs

1 Like

You know what I would appreciate? If you used periods in your posts.

I think you should listen to everyone’s opinions. I like your moc, it’s just that there a lot of things that could be much better.

And what does having 15 GFs have anything to do with the topic on hand…?

13 Likes

So you’re complaining cause he’s like “it has these problems, heres how to fix the problems” and you kinda are just saying “You’re hating cause you see problems with it”

Honestly this is the worst possible thing to do when making any form of art.

[quote=“TheLeg0Br0ny, post:28, topic:23720”] i have spent 6 weeks making Hivea 6 weeks if you dont like what i make then dont bother viewing my mocs
[/quote]
THAT IS NOT THE PURPOSE OF THIS BOARD. Its not for un ending praise its for criticism and improvement, sure you’ll get some praise but don’t go around saying “look how cool I am and nothing I do is bad”

Even when you spend loads of time on a Moc doesn’t mean it deserves no criticism, I’ve been working on a Moc for over a year and I still don’t think its ready to post here.

As a community we push each other to get better at Mocing okay?

13 Likes

I don’t care if it took you six months, flaws are flaws.

but how will I know if I like it if I don’t view it?..

14 Likes

Ok, so time for me to step in and check this out.

I like The MOC, though a bit cluttered.

Most of this reply, however, will be centered on these…yeah, I’m not even gonna.

Alright, so, I’m going to tell you the straight up truth here. Stop acting like, “Oh, I’m better than every other MOCer here and I know it. Who gives a crap about criticism, they’re just jealous because they’re not as good as me.”

THESE ARE WHAT YOUR REPLIES SOUND LIKE.

You need to learn to take criticism, because I don’t, and I take it the rest of the community, doesn’t care how much time you spent, if you’re trying to limit what type of parts you use, or your personal life, a MOC is a MOC. You’ve gotta put your best effort or build it with your best abilities.

Just know, if you don’t take criticism, you’re not going to improve.

If you take ideas, or in this case, copy other’s ideas, you will not improve.

If you resolve the issues, use creativity, and above all, take criticism the right way, you are bound for success.

This is a silly fight you started. You pointed the middle finger up to all of us, when we were just expressing our opinions and gave you perfectly fine criticism.

I hope you can learn from this, someone shared me this, so I used my time to help you improve, so that you can become a better MOCer, as well as a better person.

Hooray for rants…

18 Likes

She lacks an abdomen. Also, with the extremely small amount of gold, it seems useless to call it armor. Honestly, it doesn’t seem like the gender is necessary to put there.

2 Likes

…I think you mean ‘orientation.’ The gender bit was implicitly revealed soon as he said ‘Queen Bee’.

I’ll agree with you that orientation is a trifle best left alone (granted, the pun in this instance is decent), but gender is fair game and an important school of critique. If someone cares about applying human proportions then they should be well aware of the skeletal differences between men and women. Broad shoulders on a guy make sense, on a girl not so much, and vice versa.

Whew, now that that’s out of the way, uhhh, yeah, I agree with a lot of the critiques I see earlier. Head and thorax look mostly okay aside from the chest extending too far forward, but that abdomen is very unappealing to me. It’s too cluttered and janky-looking- please revise into a more solid or striped coloration if possible.

Yes I meant “orientation”. I personally have strong views on all of this, but I don’t think they’d let me discuss it on the boards. Suffice to say, I don’t think it’s worth the pun.

THEN STOP. Sorry man, but if you can’t take a bit of constructive criticism, then you shouldn’t post here. Also, despite this being a tad hypocritical, don’t be so aggressive. We’re only trying to help you improve upon your creations.

The rant is real…

11 Likes

Approach of this user reminds me of a certain toa of very hated technic part…I do not think this should remain open…the discussion would drag on endlessly.

2 Likes

##GIVE A READ BEFORE YOU COMMENT! Thank you.

I am sorry, but this sentence just made me dissociate me from your creation. I was originally about to give some nice words from this… “Hive Queen”, but this “dont judge me” made me extremely judgemental about this. This has some good techniques, but if you’d be this good in grammar and punctuations, I’d like this. Your attitude does not help here. Also,

This just made me question how the hive works. Do you know that the mating of bees requires males, too? If not, then please, read about it on Wikipedia, I’m not going to discuss this topic here. Not even with bees.

You made a good MOC, then uploaded it to this site and when people point out your obvious flaws, you attack. These are constructive criticisms, and they are usually helpful. They are not bashing on your creation, they point out fixable flaws to improve you.

Thank you for reading this Public Service Announcement, have fun making more MOCs.

9 Likes

This is really nice MOC, and I can see @Shadowgear6335 's Influences.

-I do take issue with nearly completely lifting the head of Vespa for it, even if it was inspired by her, a modification like changing the foot in the back of it for something you made yourself would make it feel a lot more original.

-I love Seeing Gorast wings integrated well into pretty much anything that would make it work.

-The proportions work really well, that’s very hard to pull off with an extra pair of arms, and even with all the Ball-socket adapters required the chest is very compact.

-The thighs are where I feel everybody says it looks a little cluttered, and I believe that stems from the variety of different looking system elements, rather than a cohesive more chitinous shell.

-Digitigrade legs are hard to make work, and you did some justice for them.

I really like this MOC, it makes a lot of things work that, frankly, shouldn’t.

However, relating to your woes of what this thread has devolved to, you’re a pretty good MOCist, and you shouldn’t give that up anytime soon. However, your making a fool of yourself by asking people not to judge your decisions and not to comment objectively. You’re actually bringing light to something people can latch onto and be cruel about. Heck you’re the one posting this where everybody can see it, and though it has a lot of merit, you talking your decisions down to be something you want don’t judged is only baiting the minuscule toxic side this sight has.

This place is open forum and you should be a little more adult about what you post. Nobody is going to straight up insult you personally if you just post a MOC here, and ask what you can improve on. Even if they do lash out at you ignoring them will do you a lot better than writing a chain of meaningless comebacks.

TL;DR
You need a reality check on how the internet works, and a little more confidence in your abilities. That being said this is a very quality MOC who’s issues are far outweighed by it’s unusual and mostly cohesive design.

Also it would bee a little bit cooler if you added a insect thorax with a stinger (even just a small one for added visual flare)

Sorry for all the run-on sentences and the cold tone of my advice. I’m just trying to help you out, and nip some argumentative behaviors in the bud.

11 Likes

ok so that much is obvious, clearly she was inspired, but don’t you think you should give credit for the head and lower legs and foot design since those are directly from the original Vespa MOC by Shadowgear6335. Inspired means it’s similar in concept but clearly different, and it’s quite obvious where you took directly from the design.

Aside from the things that you did take however, I think it’s a solid build. I like that you gave her four arms, and I think the torso looks nice, only thing I’d consider changing is maybe color blocking it a bit better, as it looks a tad messy.

Otherwise, nice job.

6 Likes