Hivea Queen of the Hive (Insectopia)

It looks pretty neat. But I have a few issues.

There are a lot of hues you’re using. You put keet-orange, yellow, and gold in the same MOC and it doesn’t feel all that well integrated. I know there aren’t many constraction pieces in keet-orange or yellow, but some kind of variegation could help that.

I am dubious about the elbow-connection on the upper-arms. How stable is that?

The only thing that makes me think it would be an insect queen are the wings and the head. The head is very well-built, so props for that. The wings are integrated well and I’d like to see a picture of them splayed out.

You might consider adding an abdomen of some kind to make it feel more like an insect. I’m not sure how many MOCists have done it, but I feel you have the skills to pull it off.

Essentially, this is a neat MOC, but there are ways you can improve it.

It is a neat MOC but things like the inclusion of gold seem off.

Good question. Why do you bother making MOCs if people are going to tell you you’re not perfect. Because throwing a fit about it every time someone does isn’t going to change anything.

3 Likes

Let’s not bring this up again. The issue was more or less resolved.

3 Likes

Oh wow. All those yellow pieces are good for something.

Looks awesome.

Pretty good though I’m not a fan of the plagurized head. At least add something to it so it looks like a insect. if instead of Legos the design was a song; the original creator could sue you for stealing their ideas without giving credit. Scrap everything “inspired” by him and at least edit them so it’s your own version of the design Even if the skeleton is the same.

2 Likes

read the description it says credit goes to Shadowgear for feet and head

1 Like

Sorry. I must’ve mussed that line. I’d still edit it so it fits the moc and looks like your own version. I’ll be honest; it’s pathetic when people just copy others designs without trying to mod or change it into their own style. It’s un creative and really doesn’t help improve the build or the builder.

3 Likes

Okay, I think I need to ask a very important question here.

Do you see any reason for you to improve as a MOCist?

Answer carefully, this is important.

5 Likes

i broke my one rule

which is no cutting pieces

That isn’t improving as a MOCist.

That’s breaking a personal rule, which are, in most cases, completely fine to have.

I’m asking for a simple yes or no answer. Do you want to improve as a MOCist?

11 Likes

Incredibly cluttered. The overall shape is fine, and the building techniques used are quite interesting, but it’s so visually distracting that a lot of this is quite hidden for me.

Alright though. Could use some work overall, but it has a lot of potential.

1 Like

I feel like the title having both"hivea" and “hive” is a bit weird, the actual moc is great though.

1 Like

This is a fantastic moc. The head construction is a little iffy in my opinion, but that’s probably just me. Other than that, this moc is amazing.

Bold move. I like it. Most mocs don’t get little personality bits like that.:thumbsup:

1 Like

Thanx I am going to revamp her make moor like a bee and make her slightly bigger (as in fat) so its more like a really Queen Bee

1 Like

Aside the fact that a bee colony would die out with homosexual leader and the fact that the MOC’s sexuality has nothing to do with their personality.

But this was said so many times already.

1 Like

I couldn’t think of the right word.

1 Like

then why bring it up again, besides female bees are like spiders in anatomy

I brought it up because Prime didn’the understand it.