Hivea Queen of the hive Version 2

This MOC is alright, but there’s way too much greebling done. It looks messy and doesn’t flow well. The Keet-Orange could also be a bit
better distributed.

2 Likes

She’s kinda messy, and the torso is REALLY blocky, and she kinda feels more… Small?.
That stinger is really cool though!
And she can use some more color balance, theres no bright light orange in the arms and torso, the arms don’t have any gold either, not quite sure how I feel about the head, its kinda flat but it has parts I like.

And the arms aren’t very good at all, and are kinda long but she’s a bee so IDK
Oh and I really like what you did with the chest cloth.

Oh and you should probably use CCBS shells for the lower leg armor, since all the gold armor bits are smooth but that.

Incorrect.

These is Sand Green.

The colour widely used in the Possession subtheme of Ninjago, and the colour of those hands, is Spring Yellowish Green.

6 Likes

shes meant to be small in story context she only reaches up to Meditor (another MOC of mine’s knee cap and Meditor is only 7ft 4")

Well theres no way to get her actually that small, so its up to you if you want to keep her small or not.

I love how more than half of the comments here are you arguing with people’s opinions of your moc.

Now I’m going to give my opinion.
While I do like the colors better now I will agree that gold and yellow are too similar and really don’t work well unless there’s another main color separating them. I would’ve added more black to balance that out. Also I agree it’s far too detailed for a queen bee / organic based character and more ccbs shells / basic parts would look much better. Except for that I like the idea and the copied parts work much better with the bug additions.

1 Like

I tried CCBS armour it made her look fat, not that I have a thing against fat characters I have done my research on queen bees and they are pretty thin/ slim

http://northsomersetbeekeepers.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/bees.jpg
as you can see the drones are the bigger ones as they act as the guards and soldiers, and I’m not arguing I am pointing out that I have tried their opinions before posting Hivea and it came out not right. people need to know what a Queen bee looks like before knowing what to say. It’s the same with any other animal or creature

look closely at this Queen Bee

tell me what do you see

a bee

I see something with 2 colors, 3 if you count the fuzz.

The problem is with comparing them to Hivea is that one is humanoid and the other is a bee. While it’s good to take inspiration from irl things like this, it shouldn’t be used to justify humaniod proportions.

3 Likes