Hollow Knight

Just killed (i think…?) that amogus in city of tears

Uh, we thinking of the same Amogus? Because the one I’m thinking of is the Deepnest boss.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of this amogus

the first area is very hard

I may or may not have completed the first area

1 Like

Everywhere is very hard, but keep trying. you’ll get through it eventually!

It’s a good thing the first area doesn’t get any harder

7 Likes

Uh… spoilers:

does anyone have any tips for Failed Champion? Because i kinda need some advice. thanks, -Heyzorks

Spoiler:

Just cheese him with grimmchild,weaver song,and other creature spawning charms.

1 Like

I have advice, but I don’t want to spoil anything. What charms/abilities have you unlocked?

1 Like

I suggest trying following the age old advice of late-game Hornet, the protagonist of Hollow Knight: Silksong and gitting gud.

1 Like

@MakutaOisli your plan worked!
@Ghid i got so gud i also defeated Soul Tyrant that same day

Bapanada.

I started playing this in January, too, actually. Weird that everyone seems to have gotten into it here at the same time. Curious how far everyone has gotten since then.

So… in interests of starting an argument discussion: what’s the hardest boss?

1 Like

2 Likes

false knight

I can’t beat it

2 Likes

zote

not grey prince zote, just normal zote

no matter what I do I can’t hurt him anywhere I find him, not even psychologically
the game has torn my marriage apart thanks to long sleepless night in front of the television smashing the attack button in on my controller with a triphammer in a vain attempt to deal damage to him

I’m beginning to suspect Zote is the game’s cruel idea of humor; a boss you can never defeat

3 Likes

To give a more serious reply, Pure Vessel I think took the longest

Edit: I never made it to Absolute Radiance though, so that isn’t a factor for me

okay soo…

I am stuck at the Crystal Peak. managed to return to dirtmouth and waste some geo on random thing (1/3rd of a soul vessel). Trying to get crystal heart and also beat up Crystal Guardian. I also managed to pull down half of a bridge to the City of tears, but I need to pull down the other half. and well, I have located locations of 3 dream warriors, but didn’t fought them yet…

any tips?

I haven’t played it a while, but I think it’s bottom right of crystal peaks. Other than that, it’s just a basic platforming section.

This boss is one of the easier ones, as you can easily play slow. Focus on dodging, and go for damage when it’s convenient. Since Crystal Guardian doesn’t get staggered, make sure to use your soul offensively

Alternatively, you could be hyper aggressive and stay in melee range the whole time, reacting to the lasers as they come. I don’t think his jumps would be a problem if your this close as well.

Which bridge is this? You can only really use one bridge to access City of Tears if you’ve never been there before.

Generally, I would fight them whenever I found them, just so I don’t have to backtrack as much, but you can really just fight them whenever.

Oooh, that’s a good question. Especially since I already unlocked Hall of Gods and all that stuff. Eh, It’s all gonna be spoilers. I still haven’t managed Brothers Oro and Mato so they seem like a candidate. Also, fought Lost Kin for, like, 50 times. Before the strategy with spawning stuff, Failed Champion just crushed me with ease/ I mean, overall - Dream bosses are rather hard (Zote The Grey Prince, White defender, Soul Tyrant). Haven’t fought Radiance too though it’s probably one of the worst. But hey, it’s a Dream boss too, from certain point of view! So yeah, Dream boys are the bad boys.

Just a note: I actually finished the game a month ago with Ending where player replaces the Hollow Knight. Now I want to reach all other endings, but I got lazy and haven’t played for a while (or, I rather got less lazy and started working harder instead of playing).

I struggle with the The First Pantheon and Challegne of the Fool (or how the third stage in the Colosseum is called). So if anyone has beaten those, would apperciate some tips, couldn’t find much on the Fandom wiki.

And one of those days I’ll be brave enough to attempt to pass The Path of Pain…

2 Likes

For the first pantheon, if it’s really just Oro and Mato that you’re struggling with, I would try building a charm load out specifically for fighting them, and then try and beat the whole thing with it.

When I did the trial of the fool, I kept getting killed or weakened by the brooding mawlek. At first, I just tried abusing weaversong and let my minions do all the fighting while I walk jumped out of range. It takes a lot of patience, but I did get past the mawlek a couple times like this, only to die later on.

What actually ended up working was swapping my attack button. I was playing on the Switch, and the default controls put your jump button as A and attack as B, making it difficult to press both at once. I move attack to my left shoulder button, which made the wall jump portion much easier. Aside from that, abuse nail arts.

1 Like