Hollow Knight

I had trouble with the two brothers as well. While the “jump slam” attack gives a great opening for an attack from behind, the basic sort of “slashing” attack has such a quick startup that it’s very quick to try and dodge. I had more luck just laying on the damage-per-second and hoping that I’d parry.

A key point is that both brother’s start with the same amount of health. So when the second brother drops in, he actually has substantially more hitpoints than the one you’ve already been fighting. I was absolutely terrible at fighting the two at once, but once I figured how quickly I could get it back to a 1v1 if I just kept track of the first brother, I’d just tank the damage until he’s gone and then use the openings in the 1v1 to heal back up a bit.

You can also practise against these two in the Hall so it’s a very good idea to get comfortable with the fight before attempting it in a pantheon. If you can find it within yourself to beat ascended difficulty, then the default will feel like a cakewalk after that. But even just practising on the standard one is a wise move.

The second pantheon I found much easier. Be warned, though - there’s a significant difficulty spike with each one after that.

For the Colosseum, this is probably the best advice you’ll get.

2 Likes

Thank you, @Toa-of-Snow and @Krelikan!

Eh, qouting doesn’t seem work with blurred text or what, so a bit old-style-y:
I indeed mainly struggle with the Brothers, using the Spell build is a good idea. I just overall prefer Nail/Melee build, but it becomes more and more obvious to me that the Spells are worth looking into and practicing.
In the trial I didn’t even ever get to the Mawlek :stuck_out_tongue:. But yeah, the thing is pretty tough, so I will use your advice against it in the Pantheon and the Trial.
I play on my laptop, and already reconfigured the controls pretty nicely, but it might be worth relooking into it too.

Yeah, I noticed that too, never tried to use it though. Never thought that them looking identical might be an actual problem…

That seems very reasonable so that’s probably why I didn’t do that… yeah)
Will do, most certainly.

Yep, that’s pretty much describes my fighting style.

I’d actually recommending sticking to whatever playstyle you’re comfortable with, and leaning into that (with maybe slight variations). I stuck exclusively to my nail in the pantheons, so it’s definitely possible. :+1:

2 Likes

I hate Watcher Knights

3 Likes

The hardest boss in Hollow Knight is your own impatience and stubbornness

HK fans: I thought you were dead!

Silksong: My death was…greatly exaggerated.

i’m hyped for it what about you
i’m hyped and i don’t even own a Xbox

5 Likes

Well it’s going to be on Switch as well, so the hype is real. Seeing new gameplay makes me think Silksong is going to be harder than Hollow Knight. Looks like there’s a lot more to learn.

Still no timeline for release though.

1 Like

good news for me!

hey uh
anyone here have a good charm setup for Pantheon 5?

I mean you could always try using the flukenest glitch

what is the flukenest glitch

Why is the hollow knight hollow? Why is he? What does he do? Why haven’t I been told by YouTube in days long past?

I’d recommend using the Hollow Knight wiki to answer those questions, or playing the game. It’s a pretty tough game, but it’s fun.

my favourite part is when he says “it’s hollowin’ time” and hollowed all over the infection

4 Likes

The build I used when I first beat P5 was Sharp Shadow (my beloved), Unbreakable Strength, Quickslash, and Mark of Pride. Though I’ve also gotten pretty far substituting MoP for either Quick Focus or Dreamshield.

2 Likes

@Eilrach do your thing

2 Likes

alright so i got hollow knight awhile ago…and that game is the best game I’ve very played

6 Likes

very

2 Likes

ok and?

4 Likes

It’s the very game of all time

7 Likes

This is definitely a very game of all time

5 Likes