How Did You Discover TTV?

It’s a bit of a long story. I read some of the Bionicle Adventures/Legends books forever ago at my local library. At that point I’m not even sure I knew they were LEGO, or really what LEGO was. I got into LEGO in 2008ish and loved getting the Bionicle comics with the magazines and reading them. I only actually got a couple sets, I was more into the comics, but at some point they just stopped coming with the magazines.

A bit later, I can’t remember when, remembering the comics and books, I went onto the Bionicle Wiki and read up on the whole history of Bionicle. I also ordered a few of the old books off Amazon to read them. I loved - and still love - the story, I’d read the serials all the time, and wait for an ending for “The Yesterday Quest”, wondering why it was taking so long to finish. Then one day, while frolicking on the Lego Message boards, I found the “Ask Greg” topic and asked some questions about Bionicle. Over time, however, my interest in Bionicle kind of faded and I stopped visiting the wiki or the LMB.

Then one day, months later, I randomly decided to check out the topic again, and found people asking Greg about the “return of Bionicle”. I did a few searches and found TTV episode 117, talking about the sets. I liked it, so I watched the next one, 118, and the next, 119. 119 is probably the one that cemented me as a fan. The awesome insights in their discussion of internet anonymity and the whole people vs. statistic thing was really cool and interesting. It’s still one of my favorite episodes. And I became a fan ever since. I’ve watched most of their videos, and joined their boards.

But being a fan also kind of changed me, as TTV was more or less the first YouTube channel with a community I followed, which introduced me to so many new things. People compared Autopsy to Game Theory, so I checked that out, which introduced me to video game culture as a whole. TTV’s discussions about the MCU was one of the main reasons I started watching Marvel movies, and now I’m a dedicated fan. And more recently, TTV Talks about RWBY got me to check out RWBY, which led me to Roosterteeth and RvB, and now I love all three.

It’s really weird to think about the fact that randomly checking the “Ask Greg” topic has led me to where I am now and probably changed my life at least some. And I’ve kind of rambled on some, but there we are. And thank you TTV for helping me be the person I am now!

5 Likes

The first video covering the 2015 leaks got me into TTV, and got me back into Bionicle.

I found the video because I had found their review of The LEGO Movie, then I saw the video in my sidebar.

And I’ve been a fan of both ever since.

2 Likes

Let’s see…

Mah boi @Jakura_Nuva said ‘boi u gotta join plox’

I said ‘yeah maybe’

then a couple years later I joined

yey

1 Like

Top ten best Bionicle waves, or something like that, appeared in my YouTube feed

When ibionicle mentioned bio craft, in 2012!! WOW.

Oh yeah, iBionicle was a thing back then. RIP

1 Like

I was always here.

Always

~Hawkeye

Except when you weren’t.

3 Likes

I was starting to get into Bionicle and found the Top 10’s and the Autopsy vids

1 Like

Shhhhhhh Always.

In the background.

Hiding.

Chewing wires for sustenance because they forgot about me in the basement.

3 Likes

That doesn’t sound familiar at all.

I found the TTV channel while looking for bionicle set reviews. Basically I’ve only watched the Recent and recap reviews and the moc spotlight since then. Also… Eljay has the best bionicle reviews. Better than Jangbricks for the most part. Please do hero factory reviews next. Please… back to the topic… I then subscribed in like 2015 or 2016. And then… well started postings Mocs on the message birds in 2017 thanks to the moc spotlight. Awww Nastalga. Bring back the moc spotlight please. Bye

1 Like

I found TTV through the death of G2…
I joined the community to help reverse engineer the Overlord Makuta model shown in the Makuta contest video. I became truly active in the community when TTV started their G3 project.

Before that I was more involved in the BZPower community.

In late 2014 I stumbled accross a video of a bunch of teenagers screaming about a supposed Bionicle “leak”. Been watching their stuff ever since.

3 Likes

Early 2017, my friend @Pohatuisawesome showed me this site (he was a little rude back then) I watched the site and eventually joined

1 Like

i think your story is the same as mine

I dunno, I just ended up here one day

1 Like

I’ve always been here. Jk lol RaptorTalon from mocpages told me abt it. I can’t remember his username rn

1 Like

@Da_Stronk_Destroyer

2 Likes

Ah that’s right

1 Like