How do you display your constraction sets?

Topic question is fairly self explanatory. Are your constraction sets:

• Lined up in a row on the shelf, sorted by year/team/size/colour/story relevance?
  • Posed in action scenes and dioramas?
  • All in a single, dedicated place?
  • Scattered around your house?
  • Neatly tucked away in canisters because perhaps you prefer to play with (or simply collect and horde) your sets?
  • In the bottom of some storage bin, intact?
  • In the bottom of some storage bin, less intact?
  • Or are they lost someplace…
8 Likes

Mine are either:
-Lost
-or scrapped and placed in bins of parts

When I DO assemble them, however, they are just lined up on a shelf with no story relevance because my collection is super tiny to begin with. I only have ~14 sets in total, not counting an unopened Turaga Dume and Nivawk that arrived yesterday in the mail.

4 Likes

I have a small shelving that I use to display some of my mocs and sets, all the rest of my mocs are currently works in progress. I used to keep all of my constraction pieces in a big tub with my mocs and sets placed on the top to keep them from being dismantled.

3 Likes

Most of my finished builds reside in the bottom drawer of my dresser. My Hogwarts castle (which holds my feather collection) is always on top of my dresser.

I usually have one bionicle moc on top of my dresser, and another one on the table in my room. They are both posed (currently, they are both doing exercises)

3 Likes

Funny thing is, I don’t have a display due to moving not too long ago. I’ve been trying to get shelving off of local marketplaces but life happens and I’ve got more priorities so I had to dismantle most of my sets, enough to start causing blisters on my fingers. They are all in boxes and bags for now, but I think shelving is the best option at hand for any collectors. Although I kind of want to do a little hanging type display for my 08 vehicle sets if it’s possible.

4 Likes

mine are stored in a few ways actually:
around my room, these are rotated out occasionally
in their canisters (because my small room is a constant mess and needs more space)
in a bin
and many of them are stored as individual pieces in a bin that I use for moccing

meaning yes, many are disassembled/never fully put together

2 Likes

I literally have zero built construction sets. I’ve only got mocs put together in general for the most part

3 Likes

I have a couple mocs put together on a shelf, but all my other pieces are either sorted into bins with dividers in them, or loose in a bucket.

1 Like

I have all mine on shelves. I keep at least one of every set I have near complete together at all times. Need a Nex 4.0? I got you covered.

2 Likes

I don’t usually display sets, most of my shelves are filled with Mocs. Most of the time, I’ll store a completed set in its canister if I have it, otherwise it either gets crammed into an empty shelf space or stored away in one of my parts drawers.

I do have most of the 2009 sets on top of one of my shelves, however, along with the Kaita, Nui Rama, Good Guy and Duracell Bad Guy. The only other sets on display are my Titan Combiners, being Takutanuva, Ultimate Dume and Kardas, who reside at the centre of my room on a single shelf.

2 Likes

Some on shelves, (based on which are my favorites) most in bins (intact)

1 Like

The only set I have built at the moment is Mazeka. I just dismantled the Rockoh T3 today WITH NO FEAR OF BREAKING JOINTS YESSSSSSS

1 Like

Where is “drawn, quartered, and fairly neatly stored in drawers”?

1 Like

Can I get a Good Guy in the chat?

1 Like

Did I mention I keep my Gadunka in my closet?

3 Likes

My sets have mingled into my Mocs on basically one shelf
Edit I keep my Kardas dragon on the table below along with the HF dropship and a few Mocs

1 Like

most are just laying in a small pile near my laptop but a couple of them are sitting on the edge of furniture in the general area.

I should probably get some kind of shelf to put them on but the idea of having them just sitting on a shelf gathering dust out of my reach just feels weird to me.

I think that there should’ve been a poll. But okay.
I store 95% of my sets in cupboards, but I wouldn’t call it “Lined up in a row on the shelf”, It is more like “they stand in pose that makes them take less place, super close to each other”. All the sets that have canisters are in canisters (and in cupboard) because, hey, those canisters are intended for storage! Also, I keep all the stuff like Golden Masks from 2015-2016 or Skull Spiders in a transculent canister, that was previously used to store DVD disks. Add to that several small jars/boxes/packages with parts, and one more aforementioned canister, but this time for broken (cracked sockets) parts. And my tears. My shelfs with system sets are something equal, but more messy. And the remaining 5% of sets are just stored in box in a balcony, and one day I will find a right place for them…
One more thing: I store all the packages (flattened) and instructions in a big box, in the balcony too.

3 Likes

I have an entire shelf dedicated to the Toa Mata, Toa Metru, Bohrok, and Rahkshi, and another shelf dedicated all the 09’ Glatorian, Agori, and Glatorian Legends, because I managed to get all the sets from those waves. The rest of my sets are all randomly displayed on other shelves in no particular order or arrangement.

1 Like

My sets are all scrapped and sorted into bins.