How It All Began

2001-ish. When I was about 4 years old, I got Pohatu Mata for my birthday. That was really all it took.

This is a great question. I got into Bionicleā€¦well im not 100% sure when I just remember being maybe 3 or 4 and buying Rahkshi from toys r us, and from then on I just kept buying bionicles. My family tells me that I used to have several before but i barely remember that. So before I could remember.

One of my two favorite memories of my Bionicle fanaticism is kinda sad. I remember it was 2005 I think and I had almost all of the toa metru and I was really excited to get onewa and then the next time I got to toys r usā€¦ they were out, and the next time and the next time. Yeah I never finished the collection.

The other was when I bought the first four bionicle books and they were being shipped, I just couldnā€™t wait to get my hands on them so when they eventually did come in I devoured all four of them that night.

Randomly got Bionicle: The Game (AKA my entire childhood spent playing that game) with my PS2 in 05. Got avak and hakann for my 6th birthday. Then Kalmah and mantax for my 7th. Then I bought Antroz, radiak, lewa and tanma when I spent the entire summer at my grandmas. Got stronius for a gift Christmas 2009, and got takanuva and rahkshi stars in 2010 at my grandmas. I didnā€™t really get too invested into the story (but I did follow the website, so I knew basic details from 08 onwards, too young to really understand until that point) but I did know what was going on from 08 till the end. Sad to see it go, but I occupied myself with lego star wars, star wars in general and transformers. When it came to July 2014 when the first b/w image came out I saw it, went ā€˜ehā€™ and forgot about it again (heresy), but I started watching LMS and the recap reviews, cuz nostalgia (and also I found a tahu Mata at a boot sale for Ā£1 complete). Feb 2015 rolls around and I saw Bionicle 2015 sets on LMS channel and I remembered ā€˜OH YEAH THAT WAS A THINGā€™. Wait until april, then I bought Lewa and PoJ. Almost a year on, and Iā€™m hooked on bonklez now. YAY.