How long will gen-2 of Bionicle last?

2001 books were released in 2003, somebody mentioned it here…
All we got that year was MNOG (January-September) and bunch of comics (July)
It’s February, at this point in 2001 we could visit only beach and Ta-Koro so we knew less about story then now!

5 Likes

Hope it lasts 10 years or maybe longer. The series can last longer if it implemented the different universes thing like DC and Marvel did.

1 Like

I think that for some people (myself included) the alternate dimension thing is sort of a deal-breaker. I want to like the new story, but if nothing survived the original universe outside of the Vahi, I will be severely disappointed. If they blow everyone’s minds with some elaborate or cool tie-in to the old universe, I can see people getting hyped and buying more sets. More sales= Longer run-time for G2.

1 Like

How is that a deal breaker, all of it is canon its just in different dimensions opining up for new story possibilities!

2 Likes

It will last for 3 years and then get rebooted (due to too much complexities!) except with inspiration from Galidor.

I understand it’s all canon. It’s just that currently, the story seems much more simple, and easy to follow. Take, for example, the lack of names for each individual Matoran/Protector, whatever they are. They are all only known as Protectors, and none of them outside of those following the Toa have made any impact on the story, unlike G1. Another thing that’s lacking: Rahi or animals to populate the island. The only named animals are the Skull Spider and LoSS. Perhaps it was like this in the first wave of G1, though, so we’ll have to see where it goes. I’m just hoping that the reincarnation of Bionicle will have as well built of a world and lore as the last one did, or that if it doesn’t, they can fill it’s place with lore from the previous universe.

What about the Muaka, Tarkava, Nui-rama, Nui-jaga, and Manas?
Don’t tell me that G2 now has Silver, Blue, and green Skull Spiders, because those are all one species.

2 Likes

There might be red skull spiders too, but we don’t know yet.

It might make 8 but not ten

thats what made it great

It will go on for three, maybe four years, the go on a short hiatus like Ninjago, and then another five years.

2 Likes

If it’s popular enough, we should get 3 more years.
I hope it lasts 9-10, but that’s really unlikely.

It’ll last a year-and-a-half, tops. It may not even last that long.

But they confirmed at least three years at… Kreo, I forgot the name of that thing.

Isn’t it still going?

2 Likes

Well this did not age well

3 Likes

Less than three

2 Likes

it had a successful run! i love the makuta set they released!

4 Likes

The Makuta set wasn’t released as a set, it was a combiner model.

1 Like

What’re you talking about? You don’t know about the year three sets set in the Shadow Realm?

3 Likes