How Were You Introduced To Bionicle?

you call that late?
buddy, half the people here found out about bonkle after it ended

2 Likes

Oww really? Okay, I’ve been around since the beginning and have been out of the game pretty much since G1 ended lol So I wasn’t really aware of that.

i really need to thank nick on planet ripple’s lego bionicle rewind. so i just want to thank him.

4 Likes

forgot to respond to this a long time ago. I no longer have six of them, some of the pieces broke over time. :confused: I only have four of them left. But I could always form a traditional Matoran Nui if people wanna see what that looks like built.

5 Likes

It was from a preview in a instruction booklet for a old lego roboriders set.

4 Likes

I remember seeing a small promo toward the back in one of the LEGO magazines in early 2001. It showed the digging Onua image, with the BIONICLE logo.

ONUA-300x257

I remember being mystified and wondering: is that LEGO? How is that built? I remember one of my first impressions was that it was for some kind of new sci-fi for adults. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

If memory serves the older figures I own were technically my sisters but I ended up playing with them a lot more. It’s been an addiction for about eighteen years now.

3 Likes

I was introduced to bionicle from G2. My first ever set was terak and I had fun taking him apart, rebuilding him, changing stuff around and just having fun playing around with it and my hero factory sets. Using those sets I made my first ever MOCs (sadly all disassembled or repurposed now). Using some of the parts of terak, I built my first ever MOC character which serves as my main character today, Noridox. After this, I started to research it and began to watch videos on bionicle, learning about the characters, the story, the tragic cancelation for the first and second time, and eventually I went on to obtain my first G1 set, Lewa Mata. I built up more figures and more MOCs until we reach today

2 Likes

I saw an ad for Bionicle in the back of the instruction booklet of what I think was either a Slizer or Roborider. My 4-year-old idiot self kept endlessly trying to build Kopaka with slizer pieces, until I got the Toa/Turaga/Tohunga for christmas.

Where and why I got Slizers and Roboriders? I didn’t realize until this topic that I had no idea, but I guess I have no idea.

2 Likes

I love slizers!

I may be thinking of the wrong one

8 Likes

I remember being five and thinking the Scuba throwbot was a fully functional robot with real articulating pistons that you were supposed to attach. I was so overwhelmed by the design of the thing I actually asked my parents not to get it for me because it was too complicated. It wasn’t until later when a friend of mine was building Kopaka that I realized the mechanical details were molded in decorations.

7 Likes

That’s pretty funny actually. Though I wasn’t intimidated by the complex appearance of the robotic elements, I do recall thinking similarly. At the time, with my first impressions I was always thinking about the BIONICLE figures being at the same scale as Throwbots/Slizers and Roboriders, using System pieces too. Amusing to remember!

1 Like

I guess I assumed I posted here even though I didn’t. My first BIONICLE set was Toa Kongu Inika, when I was four. I do not remember the context, but I remember seeing the light-up swords in the Target, and I remember being at home and building it. I remember the commercial. I do not remember which came first. From then on, BIONICLE was my main interest, until about 2010, and then again from 2014-2017 or so, and then again from 2020 to present.

4 Likes

So I was walking through the park one day when a canister fell out of a tree and bonkled me in the head. Not a Bionicle canister, just a canister. And I said “huh, I have been bonkled”. And then I suddenly wanted to go buy a toy, except I was two at the time so I couldn’t just go to the store by myself and when I asked mom if we could go to the store and she said “maybe later” and I was upset so I told her to go step on some Legos, and then she thought that was a great idea so she went to the store to buy me a Lego, only she forgot about me and left me in the park by myself, and so I picked up the canister and started playing with it until some guy came along and took it from me so I ran off into the woods crying and I hid out there for two days until I got so hungry that I decided to steal some food from a family having a picnic but I mistook their kid’s Bohrok for a fruit and they caught me and called my mom, but I climbed up a tree and wouldn’t come down and they had to get the fire Department to help and I only went with the fireman when he promised me a Bohrok. So my mom bought me a Bohrok, but I was disappointed because two-year-old me still thought it was a weird fruit and when I opened it up I discovered I couldn’t eat it, so I lost interest in Bionicle until 14 years later in 2016 when I was watching the old Galidor set and told my mom I wanted a Lego Galidor and she got me a Gali Uniter instead. I watched Journey to One to see who this was and it was so bad that I dismissed Bionicle again. Then I joined these message boards because I was a fan of ttv’s rwby reviews and I learned that there was a whole G1 but I decided I didn’t care so I never actually got into bionicle. The end.

7 Likes

oh jeez sorry didn’t realize that was you

7 Likes

Number 1 Weirdest story i have ever heard.

2 Likes

I got a comic in the mail where a grumpy, amnesiac white guy with a massive sword went on a quest for a magical mask with the help of his sassy brown boyfriend.

7 Likes

why does that sound like a google translated description of some fantasy film

hmmm
how can I make my bonkle origin story as weird cool as that…

again, sorry, didn’t realize that was your address

3 Likes