How Would YOU Redo the Star Wars Prequels?

Y’know, everyone probably knows that the Star Wars prequels are not the best of the saga, and I’m not that great of a writer, but I wanna know how you’d handle the movies!
So write how you would do the movies! :smile:

Also, I don’t know if this is the correct category

5 Likes

Simple: make everyone not sound bored.

2 Likes

Have anakins existence be a cameo

Less film anakin, less film Jar Jar, add in Ahsoka Tano, add in Savage Opress, add in Cad Bane, add in Asajj Ventress and more Darth Maul.

Does this sound like the 2008 Cone Wars series? Because I really like the 2008 Clone Wars series.

3 Likes

How I would fix Anakin’s change to Vader:
I would make the “prophecy” fake, and have Anikan learn that causing him to trust the Jedi less and doubt his place in the jedi order. Then have Palpatine expand his fears that the Jedi lie to him, tell him he doesn’t belong in an order of liars and convince him to become a good sith, telling him he could handle the dark side. Have Obi wan and the council get all pissed at him cause he’s a sith. Anakin gets pissed that Obi wan won’t trust him claiming that “You never loved me, you loved the chosen one” Then tention rises and ■■■■ hit’s the fan and a Jedi strikes Anakin when he sees his red light sabre and Anikan decides he was ordered to do so by Obi wan.

9 Likes

TPM: Jar-Jar gets Killed by Count Dooku and Darth Maul.

TAOTC: Rid of the hold Jedi can’t had Girlfriends,and Keeped Maul.

TROTS: Made Grievous more of a threat and then got killed by Anakin fellow by Dooku and Maul buying the farm.

2 Likes

First off: Stop trying to make Anakin the main character of the prequels. Make it Obi-Wan!

The Phantom Menace: Instead of focusing on the rather-boring naboo storyline, we should have started out with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan crash landing on Tatooine after they’re ambushed by the Trade Federation and looking for repairs. No need to start the boring politics. Start with some action and get our main characters stuck in a sticky situation. They find Anakin, and the whole pod-racing thing happens, but also make Anakin a little older. Darth Maul would be the villain throughout the movie, chasing the Jedi and realizing, like Qui-Gon Jinn did, that Anakin was the chosen one, and is tasked to kill him. Meanwhile Obi-Wan gets jealous that Qui-Gon wants to train Anakin instead of him…

The Jedi eventually get off of Tatooine and make it to the Jedi temple to get permission to train Anakin. The Jedi say no, and they tell Qui-Gon to return Anakin home to his mother. Maul tracked down the two jedi to the temple, and we get a cool action scene where he bombs parts of the temple, and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan chase him throughout the city.

Eventually Anakin is left with Yoda, and stuff happens, but I dunno what. Just stuff. Anyways, Anakin proves his worth to Yoda, and Yoda sees Anakin’s potential, despite him also having strong emotional tensions.

Eventually, Darth Maul makes it to a power-plant, and the fight that we see in The Phantom Menace happens basically the same way. Maul gets cut in half while Qui-Gon dies. Obi-Wan faces the truth later on from Yoda that he’d have to train Anakin, and takes it in the best he can. We also learn that Darth Maul was actually part of the Trade Federation, which has allied with a mysterious sith named Darth Sidious. However, that’s for another film…

I’d have to think of Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith later, but for sure Star Wars: The Clone Wars would stay.

4 Likes

Why? I’m pretty sure it was established in Episode 6 that Vader’s name used to be Anakin.

Also, limiting Anakin (Luke’s father, no less)'s existence in the movies be a cameo, a brief appearance, mind you, would NOT be a smart decision. It would only shroud Vader’s past in mystery (unless you’d make people go out of their way to read a novel or online serial or something (which only diehard fans would do)) and a casual moviegoer would not notice the cameo, unless the movie blatantly tells you the identity of him, which would defeat the purpose of a cameo anyways.

TL;DR: It’s a bad business decision.

5 Likes

I know it says

But I think these two videos retell Episodes I and II pretty well:

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking of when I saw this topic!

2 Likes

Somehow want clones to be as diverse/have as much importance as they did in Clone Wars

than again these are 2-3 hour-long movies

or have them at the beginning instead of introduced by the second film.

I won’t be one of those creeps who introduces fem clones. That would be weird

2 Likes

Remove the politics, and give Christian Haydensen better lines.

That would fix the majority of my complaints.

4 Likes

that is a fantastic idea

(Episode III hype)

but yeah, those are good

3 Likes

http://cdn.mothership.sg/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Jonah-hill-fangirling-gif.gif

3 Likes

[quote=“Plural, post:9, topic:14968”]
But I think these two videos retell Episodes I and II pretty well:
[/quote]The reasons I made this topic right here. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t know how I would fix it but I know how to ruin it
1 directed by bay
2 moar jar jar
3 less Jedi action
4 no voice actors
5 puppets

1 Like