HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Here is a little foot design I like to use

you can also swap out the shoulder piece with the avohkii or stars hau.

3 Likes

the stars avohkii is the normal avohkii

it first came in silver on makuta

4 Likes

Ah ok. Did not know that. I thought the one that came with Takanuva used the stud connector?

1 Like

Uh, no.

7 Likes

Can I please get some tips for the Artakha MOC I’m working on?

I go into specifics on this topic here:

Alright, as promised, the tutorial for the head I used for my Artakha:

Since I’d like to keep it short here - check out my Artakha’s topic for different angles, which might be important to get the outer assembly right.

Parts list:

Plus you also need two of those scythe pieces from Ninjago in gold (couldn’t find them in LDD)

Let’s start with the core head construction (the red bars are there to tell the different views apart):

Next comes the core head block construction:

Finished head block (note that the angles of those large barbs are not perfect, since it should get the point across, I don’t feel like fiddling endlessly with LDD):

Now only the addons are missing:

It should be fairly straightforward how to attach them - refer to the very first picture or my Artakha topic. Note that it might be a little finicky to get the angles and stuff just right so that no parts are under stress. For example the bars are not always pushed all the way into whatever holds them. Also, as said, the Ninjago scythes are missing here.

(I would like to note here, too, though, that the top construction stays in place no problem, but is not as stable as my usual custom heads. If for example the MOC falls over, the top parts will likely fall off/be bent out of shape.)

Otherwise, feel free to use!

11 Likes

Can I please get some tips on how to build some front torso armor for this guy with two adjacent lightsaber blade-sized holes in the pectoral area to fit a Breakout edition Hero Core on?

Here’s the Stud.io file:
Hero Factory Hero 1.io - Google Drive

1 Like

I would recommend trying to find a way to use this part, it would essentially change it from a two adjacent bar connect to a two adjacent pin connection which might be easier for you

1 Like

Thanks, @Flux.:+1:

Would a chest armor piece work? Y’know the one that is on the body of all of the 2.0 and 3.0 heros? You could attach it ti the ball joint on the bottom there.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Cordax.:+1:
After using your tip, I have made some progress:

2 Likes

I love this so much but haven’t seen it in use much, so I’ve simplified the process and made a quick mod vid:

EDIT: Updated link with Remastered version due to YouTube glitch

9 Likes

Does anyone have a technique on how to attach a hero factory helmet to a Metru head? It is for this bulk helmet

@Jathru_Cranli You could use a ccbs armor shell on the bottom ball joint attached to the waist.

4 Likes

depends if you still want the eye stalk

1 Like

So, the MOC’s coming along quite nicely:

Now my question is how to build spruced-up CCBS limbs using connections that Stud.io will allow. (The ones I currently have on the MOC are unfinished, and, for the majority, look underdone.)

3 Likes

lots of different armor pieces can be attached with legal connections (i.e. pins) to the backs of CCBS limbs. Maybe some Skrall armor or Inika thigh caps?

3 Likes

Those are some insanely long legs.

4 Likes

I would like an eye-stalk of some sorts but if it doesn’t include it it’s fine. Also, @Jathru_Cranli can you show me a how that head works?

2 Likes

Well, @Cordax, the way it works is actually by being made half of custom pieces.

Here’s a breakdown:

These are the names of the two custom pieces:

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 3.28.50 PM

The brain piece is held in place by a 2-stud-long axle, same way as a Metru brain.

7 Likes

alright, Ill get back to you when I figure It out. I dont have a bulk helmet though, so It might not work 100% on it

1 Like