HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Unfortunately, I don’t have a hordika mask to use for reference, but I’m certain these could work

Some of the technic connectors can be swapped out for more connection points. Not sure if these would resolve the hunch problem, but they do offer more customizability compared to just a hordika neck

20201014_234658

20201014_234730

20201014_234923

20201014_235020

20201014_235107

20201014_235210

1 Like

Unfortunately, the inside of the Hordika head has a strut that prevents anything wider than a single-wide beam from fitting, so the back bar on those won’t fit. You could try reversing the standard neck and then using a CCBS 3-long bone to bridge the gap, but you’d need to build a hole into the collar of the model to accomodate the shape and you’d end up with a rather curiously-positioned head.

1 Like

Try a balljoint

2 Likes

@Cordax, I was unfortunately unable to find a solution with my (admittedly kind of limited) parts library. I will say that I do not have a good amount of the newer connectors for Technic, so there is a possibility. hope you figure it out!

It’s all good!

1 Like

Tired of boring old mata heads? Constantly sobbing your eyes dry due to lack of eye color variety? Too many mixel eyes?

Well now there’s a solution for all your problems!

Metru and Mata styled heads

These designs can easily be modified to better fit some masks. Unfortunately, I can’t try them out on all masks, but on the ones I did try I saw that the custom heads fit better on pre-08 masks

You can get pretty much any eye color you want as long as it comes in a 1x1 or 1x2 round/normal tile

Mixel Eye variants

Thought I’d compare them to a design I shared here a long time ago

Bottom section is the same so you could easily switch between colored or mixel eye

This isn’t in the pictures, but a stud should be attached on the brick pin hole for the head to be compatible to 01 masks

The axle on the mask shouldn’t go all the way through, so the connection is a bit unreliable

What can I say? They look twice as good with mixel eyes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

19 Likes

8 Likes

hot dawg

Do any of you know how to take off post 08 sockets from a ball joint (i.e. Vahki hips) without friction so they will not break? I have Mazeka’s vehicle and want to use the vahki hips for a MOC, but am really scared about breaking the sockets, especially since I have no replacements on me right now. Two of them are already cracked.

Usually I just cross my fingers and go for it, to be honest. Even if they’re cracked, I have a lot of cracked joints that haven’t given out on me yet. Your luck will give out eventually, but it’ll probably work for the moment.

5 Likes

From my experience, 2008 sockets usually only break from either extreme force or being dropped onto hard surfaces. You should be fine just removing them as normal.

3 Likes

I facepalmed when I realized I could do this. Would work better with a different rod tho.

4 Likes

Alright so early yesterday I held a poll to see if anyone would want to see a how to for my self moc, and the majority said yes, so here we go.

And there we go, you now have yourself an Artillery. Feel free to use the design but do give credit, and if i see any of you lurkers that post on the bioniclelego reddit use this design and don’t give credit, I will silently Judge you (seeing that I don’t actually have a reddit account)

16 Likes

Wow, lots of cool stuff here. I’m always impressed by how intricate you guys can get with these.

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/b4Pk9yv.gif

Thanks for the instructions, I might make use of these.

7 Likes

Felt like these were decent forearm/hand designs. Semi-Opposable thumb too
Not native to this moc, but a work in progress

9 Likes

This is a WIP I’ve had in the works for some time now

And I have no idea how to do the legs

14 Likes

ngl the sausage tongue makes it look kinda derpy, but those eyes look quite nice.

2 Likes

Yep that was an intended look, it was to mock how most deep sea creatures are kind of lazy, really annoyed that I couldn’t come up with a good leg design though

3 Likes

Maybe if you give him a single tail instead of legs? Or a bunch of tentacles? I find that trying something odd can help me get past blocks sometimes.

1 Like