HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Thanks, @Flux.:+1:

Would a chest armor piece work? Y’know the one that is on the body of all of the 2.0 and 3.0 heros? You could attach it ti the ball joint on the bottom there.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Cordax.:+1:
After using your tip, I have made some progress:

2 Likes

I love this so much but haven’t seen it in use much, so I’ve simplified the process and made a quick mod vid:

EDIT: Updated link with Remastered version due to YouTube glitch

9 Likes

Does anyone have a technique on how to attach a hero factory helmet to a Metru head? It is for this bulk helmet

@Jathru_Cranli You could use a ccbs armor shell on the bottom ball joint attached to the waist.

4 Likes

depends if you still want the eye stalk

1 Like

So, the MOC’s coming along quite nicely:

Now my question is how to build spruced-up CCBS limbs using connections that Stud.io will allow. (The ones I currently have on the MOC are unfinished, and, for the majority, look underdone.)

3 Likes

lots of different armor pieces can be attached with legal connections (i.e. pins) to the backs of CCBS limbs. Maybe some Skrall armor or Inika thigh caps?

3 Likes

Those are some insanely long legs.

4 Likes

I would like an eye-stalk of some sorts but if it doesn’t include it it’s fine. Also, @Jathru_Cranli can you show me a how that head works?

2 Likes

Well, @Cordax, the way it works is actually by being made half of custom pieces.

Here’s a breakdown:

These are the names of the two custom pieces:

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 3.28.50 PM

The brain piece is held in place by a 2-stud-long axle, same way as a Metru brain.

7 Likes

alright, Ill get back to you when I figure It out. I dont have a bulk helmet though, so It might not work 100% on it

1 Like

Tutorial vid on my Artakha moc.

6 Likes

does anyone have any custom heads for Hordika masks that still use Bohrok eyes and aren’t hunched but have more customizability than glatorian necks?

Unfortunately, I don’t have a hordika mask to use for reference, but I’m certain these could work

Some of the technic connectors can be swapped out for more connection points. Not sure if these would resolve the hunch problem, but they do offer more customizability compared to just a hordika neck

20201014_234658

20201014_234730

20201014_234923

20201014_235020

20201014_235107

20201014_235210

1 Like

Unfortunately, the inside of the Hordika head has a strut that prevents anything wider than a single-wide beam from fitting, so the back bar on those won’t fit. You could try reversing the standard neck and then using a CCBS 3-long bone to bridge the gap, but you’d need to build a hole into the collar of the model to accomodate the shape and you’d end up with a rather curiously-positioned head.

1 Like

Try a balljoint

2 Likes

@Cordax, I was unfortunately unable to find a solution with my (admittedly kind of limited) parts library. I will say that I do not have a good amount of the newer connectors for Technic, so there is a possibility. hope you figure it out!

It’s all good!

1 Like

Tired of boring old mata heads? Constantly sobbing your eyes dry due to lack of eye color variety? Too many mixel eyes?

Well now there’s a solution for all your problems!

Metru and Mata styled heads

These designs can easily be modified to better fit some masks. Unfortunately, I can’t try them out on all masks, but on the ones I did try I saw that the custom heads fit better on pre-08 masks

You can get pretty much any eye color you want as long as it comes in a 1x1 or 1x2 round/normal tile

Mixel Eye variants

Thought I’d compare them to a design I shared here a long time ago

Bottom section is the same so you could easily switch between colored or mixel eye

This isn’t in the pictures, but a stud should be attached on the brick pin hole for the head to be compatible to 01 masks

The axle on the mask shouldn’t go all the way through, so the connection is a bit unreliable

What can I say? They look twice as good with mixel eyes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

19 Likes