HowTo: MOC Tutorials

This is a custom torso design I made myself. It uses some pretty common parts, and the RoboRiders head on the back can be exchanged for pretty much anything you want if you don’t have it. This torso is also a bit more feminine than most, but it can be modified to be more “gender neutral” if you want. Also, some subassemblies have been left together to have fewer images.

This isn’t necessary, but it cuts down on the dark grey you can see from the front.

(flag’s there for support)

Cross block will sit on the axle that pokes through the upper socket joint, and the RoboRider head will slide on top of the cross block.

This is the correct way to orient the hips.
If you have any questions about it, I can answer them. If you end up using this torso on your MOCs, it would be great if you could give me credit, but you don’t really have to because it is kind of a simple design.
(And sorry if something’s wrong, this is my first post with images)

@The_Eagle_Kid the body instead of the top), whereas removing the dark red furry looking pieces from the shoulders and changing the head would make it look more robotic or more like a Toa. I do think this thing has a lot of potential, though, so don’t scrap it!

EDITED FOR YEAR LONG DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

18 Likes

Not bad at all. There are some clever uses that you put into this that makes it different.

4 Likes

I already saw it on Metru or Vortixx builds

1 Like

I have found that the cape from the 75111 Darth Vader Buildable Figure fits perfectly onto the back of Umarak’s Hunter Mask, and a 2015 Toa Eyepiece.
I used this in one of my recent Mocs to create a hood and I wanted to share this discovery with you guys. :slight_smile: See photos below for details:

You start with the basic frame and you put two of the smallest hero factory armor on the shoulders. (this is very important for later)

Next you situate the cape so that the two top holes are seated on Umarak’s mask, and the eyepiece is placed through the large hole at the bottom.

Next, fold the cape over the figure while keeping the back of the cape secure against the head and mask.

You then place a hero factory torso armor on top of the figure, making sure that the cape is pinched between the torso armor and the small armor pieces you put onto the shoulders.

Last but not least, you decorate your moc further, with extra armor and accessories. :slight_smile:

Hope some of you found this useful, I was very pleasantly surprised when I realized this was possible. I always like hood accessories.
I’ll probably post the final Moc in it’s own topic later on.

12 Likes

Does anyone have a design for a metru-scale waist swivel function?

6 Likes

Metru scale makes me nervous. Do you mean Metru scale in height, or does that also include piece type?

3 Likes

Metru height

4 Likes

The G2 waist action feature torso would Probably work.

4 Likes

A smaller technic based assembly would be more ideal for my purposes

6 Likes

Really depends on what you need for the rest of the torso, but this design is pretty customizable

Breakfast – I mean breakdown.

Optional hip coverage

7 Likes

mattress reveal

honestly that frame is pretty good, and it has waist articulation to boot

7 Likes

ey I need help finding a good dragon GWP head design that works well been trying to make Kobold themed Hero and I can’t think of anything

the body I’m working with btw

4 Likes

A kobold hero? Nice! Love those D&D characters.

2 Likes

I need help with a moc I’m working on. All I need help with is the feet. What I’m hoping to make for the feet are wheels like Nezha. Can someone help me with that?

3 Likes

Hmm
maybe try somthing similar to what umbra used, read through his instructions for inspiration maybe?

4 Likes

I could see that working. Modify it so it’s just one wheel with a toe peice in front.

4 Likes

This is to those who want to improve on their female mocing and note that this is the old model.

4 Likes

thank ya, he’s actually base off a OC in a different story and world I been working on set in a fantasy post-apocalypse world.

also I forgot to share a head design I came up with

would love feedback and ideas to make this look better or even different head designs that could work better

4 Likes

I have a question to any mask makers out there. I’ve been working on a custom ultimate storyline for one of my concepts for Titan Takanuva as a toa hordika. And I was wondering if anyone has a good idea where I could have some create a 3D printing file for it for me?

It would have to connect like a hordika head would. And it would have to be a Titan size mask

3 Likes

you could try @Rothanak, he’s pretty cool

6 Likes