HowTo: MOC Tutorials

what does that mean

Are you home yet @Monopoly

sorry im impatient

2 Likes

Pinging other members repeatedly is only going to get you in trouble with staff. I suggest reading through the entirety of this topic while you wait; there have been some fantastic designs posted over the years.

4 Likes

OK.

Thanks @Ghid

2 Likes

Alright, Memphis torso instructions.

Here are the parts you’ll need (any colour will do, I couldn’t find everything in black but it doesn’t really matter):

Start by taking the Ben 10 torso and the four axles.

Place them in the highlighted holes.

Next, take the two Technic beams and attach them on top of each other between the shoulders.

Place both pins in the beams.

Attach the circular piece to the pins.

Build this assembly using a socket and a Glatorian neck.

Attach the socket to the crotch, the neck piece should go over the remaining axle.

Take the other two sockets.

Attach them to the side ball joints and bring them as far towards the torso as they’ll go.

Attach the armour piece on top.

Turn the build over and prepare all six spikes.

Finally, place them into the holes on the spine.

6 Likes

Thank you!

EDIT:

Im trying to make a rahkshi head gal with overly exaggerated features as a joke moc.

i need help, what are some tips for making a moc like this?

She also NEEDS high heels.

NO. EXEPTIONs.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I need some help making custom thighs for my MOCs.

I know that Inika thighs aren’t the most original therefore I need your inputs

2 Likes

Something that i discovered that might improve your mocs if you want to add Organic parts cheaply (Prototype)

Well, it’s been a long time You may or may not know me but if you do so how remember me, I was the person who made the GWP Keetongu moc for the Lewa contest, but you might wonder what I’ve got to present you, well let me explain to you how I made it. So, one day I was trying to make a cape with paper for my Kopaka (G.1+ G.2) moc and well after I took the pictures and edit those pictures, I had a random thought about putting paper into the limbs of my G.1+G.2 toa Mata teams to make them look more lifelike I guess and this might improve Every moc that’s somewhat going for a realistic and robotic look For example here’s the Kopaka pictures:

Looks good for a cape, doesn’t it? Well look for what I did for the idea I had yesterday:

As you can see my G.1+G.2 Tahu moc there with torn up limbs but shouldn’t those limbs be on the floor and that Tahu would’ve been faceplanted onto the ground? well this is what I call Papertissue or Aka paperdecor.

As you can see here This is not editing this is being held up by the paper itself, this also can be used to make realistic limb dismemberment that means it’s a good thing for stop motion animators. So how to do it: it’s really simple you get these materials for Step 1: 1. Paper 2. scissors 3. tape 4. Bionicle’s 5. pencils Step 2. now you take your paper and Bionicle and you measure how long the Bionicle’s limb. Step 3. after you have done that add more paper length and wideness so that the paper doesn’t rip (this might take some time) Step 4. cut the paper and then wrap it around the unarmored limb. Step 5. tape the paper and test it (if it rips then start over again with different measurements) step 6. draw on your paper to give them a muscle tissue texture or anything. Step 7. then armor your Bionicle limb and place it onto your moc.

Well, I hope you people liked this discovery that I found and as well have a good evening, morning, night, etc. I’ll see you later.

5 Likes

Nobody is gonna sting ya for non-purist builds, there are plenty of samples of that around here. I’m sure a mod just shuffled it in here to keep the boards consolidated and organized. Do watch out for double posting, though; if you’d like to say more, there’s an option to edit your previous post and add to it :slightly_smiling_face: just another way of keeping the boards consolidated. The paper is crafty, though. Shows there’s more to thinking outside the box than I had realized.

6 Likes

Would be cool to see other more durable materials like felt and leather used on limbs in a similar way

4 Likes

heres how to make and or draw gwp style bionicle masks
step by step explanations
pictures and tutorials

the most easiest way to do it is to draw them yourself first get lego slope pieces as the masks then grab blank paper stickers and markers
then search up some peoples customs or the original masks themselves and then draw away

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POSTING - Spiderus Prime

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to make my first moc for a while, but I always get stuck on designing the body, it either looks too skinny or doesn’t have enough support. does anyone have any tips, builds, or ideas on how I can make a good torso that doesn’t look barren or skinny? just a skeleton frame works but armor ideas would be nice too. this is what i have so far, i just need a way to connect everything. also, any other pieces of general advice would be greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

This thing is already a work of art…

I’d recommend starting with just the hips, choosing either the Metru hips or the Vahki hips as they have a decent amount of connection points. From there, generally you want to have some sort of piece or style for the torso, so scroll through Studio for a bit until you find the piece you want. From there, see where it can connect to the hips and how you can get it in the desired position.

For this MOC, specifically, I think the Vahki hips are better. You can put in a few axles and connectors to get it to connect to that black part in the back, while leaving some axles bare so you can connect maybe a Vorox shell with some Hero Factory armor connected.

4 Likes

You have probably seen this before, I might know how it works given it’s an Alieraah technique. But what parts are exactly used here for the thighs? It’s been a big mystery for almost 4 years now since the post this image came from was on.

3 Likes

Looks like some CCBS parts for the back part and some regular curved slope wedge things for the outside. I think the curved parts under the CCBS shells are part 24201 (Slope, Curved 2 x 1 x 2/3 Inverted).

4 Likes

bruh

I mean, it’s not that big of a mystery to me, I recognize every visible piece there

but at the same time I don’t think I need to explain why I feel no compunction about not explaining how it is built

5 Likes

ya know what I’ll play devil’s advocate and do the opposite of ghid

while I don’t know how the CCBS armor is attached I differely know how the whole thing is made thanks to a but @Bionic_Pyro form discord

not sure how that version is design especially the butt but ya get the just of it

3 Likes

While what you’ve got pictured here is similar to that original image, it’s far from exact. Most notably, the knee sockets are located much further up on the original, and I believe some of the specific part placements may be crucial to how the shoulder pad is connected.

This is certainly a good start though. I’ll see what I can figure out myself

2 Likes

So, aside from parts count and aesthetic, is there a reason to use two 41677 instead of one 45590?
(I’m working with black pieces, so color is not a problem)

2 Likes

45590 is made entirely out of an extremely soft rubber and would not hold any weight at all

It’s designed primarily for acting as a buffer or providing grip, not structural purposes

4 Likes

Anyone got a custom head that looks like my pfp?

For a selfmoc.

3 Likes