HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Sometimes it helps to match pieces with similar dimensions. Two ‘Slope, Curved 1 x 2 x 1’ work nicely as an extension to the roborider head.

If you don’t have the curved slope, or want less of an extension, you can also try the ‘Plate, Modified 3 x 2 with Hole’.

You can also match the roborider head with ‘Window 1 x 2 x 2 2/3 with Rounded Top’. Like all window frames, it’s hollow and functions like a shell. It can be built straight through.

13 Likes

You better not give Tuyet a metru build.

Oh imma use this one day.

4 Likes

COUGH

3 Likes

You wouldn’t.

4 Likes

COUGHCOUGHIHAVENTDONTWORRY

2 Likes

oh I will. Same with Nidhiki. And Orde.

and Marendar /s

EDIT: 8 months later: yeaaaahhh no. I’m not doing that anymore. Custom builds ftw!

2 Likes

nuu you can’t do that Orde’s an ancient Toa he should have the same design language as krakua and helryx, nuuuuuu.

Bruh

4 Likes

I actually want to move away from using a metru torso for any of the contests I plan on entering, but I don’t want to go full custom or Inika.

2 Likes

I have favor to ask. If you have the right parts, could you recreate this build, but with a Lhikan Hau (instead of a 2010 Stars one) and post the pictures here? Thanks.
Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 5.15.08 PM Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 5.15.18 PM

My Orde moc will be kind of like a combination of Helryx and a metru build. I don’t really have a good reason for why he should be have a metru build, other than it being the simplest way to make him look the way I want him to.

Yeah, I think it’s okay if a few characters get metru builds, but I hope some of the toa get new custom builds. Hence why my Varian and Chiara WIPS have completely custom torsos.

Anyway, this discussion is getting a bit off topic, so if we continue, we ought to do it elsewhere.

3 Likes

Like this?

1 Like

Yes, thank you! That is very helpful.

3 Likes

So the mushroom cap, it’s a pretty interesting element. It’s a shell much like the ccbs shells, only blockier, and it covers structures from all sides except one. You can use it as thigh armor.

Here’s a breakdown with the caps removed.

And here is a further breakdown. The thigh is actually really durable and it uses some stud reversal for the ‘ring’ in the middle.

11 Likes

stud reversal is basically one of the best building techniques out there

2 Likes

Stamper tile and 1x1 plate with vertical clip.

5 Likes

This is what we normal folks call black magic.

4 Likes

If only lego would officially make double sided bricks or plates. Mega constux has already shown how useful that build is.

4 Likes

that kinda goes against their building system for the last 90 years

1 Like

6 Likes

you got me there you got me there

4 Likes

that’s what i thought
edit: i was actually gonna do hero factory but then i realized ccbs technically wasn’t that out of the ordinary by that point. course it was invented but it worked with the ball and socket joints.

3 Likes