HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Here’s a simple eye design that uses clip fingers to represent sclera.

6 Likes

and cut tube :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Does anyone know a way to give a toa Hagah function more friction?

I found way to give a little bit of friction, but even with it they can’t hold any heavy weapons.

2 Likes

found this on google

2 Likes

thanks, that one has a sufficient amount of friction (I already had the voodoo ball in, but didn’t think of adding that grey piece at the bottom)

(If anyone has a design with even more friction though, do share!)

1 Like

bruh that’s literally how the piece is supposed to be used

Funny you should mention that, I’m actually working on it right now. I’ll post it here as soon as it’s done.

3 Likes

Purists could use a stamper tile or a small horn or the 1x1 round plate with a 3.18 bar on the side. 1x1 round plate with a 3.18 bar on the side would theoretically be most effective since the round plate can be buried by other parts.

2 Likes

wait that actually worked

Yep. And I don’t think is strains the pieces, so that’s nice.

1 Like

well the image link said it was from reddit so i wouldn’t put too much trust in it

This is the solution I came up with (picture focus is a mess, but should be visible enough). The pin in front goes through the intended front plate for the Hagah torso, and then a Gahlok Kal shield piece on the front for added friction (any Bohrok shield with a centered pinhole will work for this).

4 Likes

boi you stealing my thunder

2 Likes

0:45. Works well

1 Like

That’s another good one, but I’d rather not use a bohrok shield. The character I want to build uses a modifyed Hagah build, but isn’t actually one of the hagah.

But who knows, I might change my mind and put in a Gahlok kal shield.

2 Likes

if you aren’t opposed to temporarily modifying your parts, a small, dried dab of hot glue does the trick on the axle that goes into the chest

2 Likes

THEY LIVE

1 Like

unfortunately, I am opposed. Im planning on submitting this to one of the canon contests later.

2 Likes

Hey that’s mine!
Works like a charm btw

4 Likes

I do have a method or two. I can get pictures sometime soon-ish

1 Like

Scrolled back a while to see what convos I’d been missing, so this is a bit of a necro, but you might actually be fine with a standard-sized head for that body. It would match hero proportions fairly well:

I looked into these proportions a little while back when making a body for my krana-sized heads, and found that the right body size was a few units taller than the Hero Factory average body:

Mistika Tahu’s mask should be about the right size for those proportions, if you make the neck a bit smaller.

7 Likes