HowTo: MOC Tutorials

But if you want to take a shot at a design, I’ve had an idea for a while of creating a rahi that utilized the bohrok body and head bash mechanic to turn into a kangaroo that kicks. You’re welcome to take a crack at that

1 Like

I might…

Try to think of an animal that you would think would be cool in the technic style, figure out what attack or neutral action it would do. Either it be for mode of transportation or other. From there you make the mechanism for said motion out of technic. Then compress and simply the function before dressing it up in a cohesive physical appearance which would not impede the function. You can also go the extra mile in adding articulation which would not negatively effect the main function or functions. It is quite a challenge depending on the animal you choose.

2 Likes

Well, I was thinking of some kind of beetle.

3 Likes

I think the most obvious option would be pincers then.

Theres an obvious pincer design in Bionicle being the visorak already with horizontal pincers, so perhaps vertical pincers could make it more unique.
Something like a Hercules beetle?

There are many fun beetle pincers and horns, you can look up some more for inspiration…
And the rahi usually have the Kanohi-knocking function as a game.

I think and obvious spot for kanohi would be the shell on the beetles back. Perhaps a biting slam or a flip to try to dislodge the mask?

4 Likes

I might try it out. thanks!

Additionally you could implement a walking function ala Pewku and Trib’s recent Nui Jaga to really bring it to life

1 Like

Also a good idea. Thanks!

what’s it look like?

@redstripepakari387 A thing you could do is a crawling function, or something more advanced where if you pull it back it can propel itself forward while flapping its wings. Another alternative would be a small rc beetle capable of rolling around bohrok. Or you could even have the beetle open its wings reveal missiles that fire.

Heck you could do something silly like have it turn into a mimic that eats Toa :smile: or reveal a catapult that throws boulders.

4 Likes

I am loving the toa eating mimic idea, but I wanna use rubber bands in some
way.
Maybe the shell could turn into a giant mouth, but Im not sure how to pull than off
when I an making something as small as an insect.

Loving your nui jaga BTW.

2 Likes

Thank you, I am happy you like the mimic idea as well as the nui jaga. The shell could very easily open up reveal a compressed muaka function. That way you can use rubber bands and can safely store the kanohi of the toa inside of its shell when it contracts. And I wouldn’t worry about scale when there are hornets, scorpions and spiders that are bigger than Toa

3 Likes

Thanks! I will try it out. I’ll let you know when I’m dome!

1 Like

I look forward to it then :slight_smile:

Thaks! i hope it turns out ok!

Mostly complete the upper body and arms Will only really be that 3 or 4 stud high part on top of the pilot area so not full covered bionicle Gundam as a had planed.

8 Likes

looks pretty nice

hey,does any body have a large leg design that would go well with artahka the great beings arms that aren’t his own legs?

Do you mean the contest winner, or some other moc?

1 Like

i mean the @Connor_Hoffman counterpart to the contest winner.Order of Mata Nui Files #24: Artakha, Great Being of JudgementActually nevermind i made a noice design.