HowTo: MOC Tutorials

looks like I will be doing a howto on the legs for my self moc
And I am sure ekorak chose that no as a joke
right?
right?

Actually Kretta hit that as a joke and voted in here.

1 Like

I dunno if anyone would be interested on a how to on rahkhann’s torso, but if someone wants it Im willing to do one.

hah, lol

Yeah, I’ll leave the how to’s to the pros.

I am going to take pics for tutorial probably now

Decided I’m going to film the howto instead of doing pictures getting the stuff together as I type!

UPDATE: How to is filmed! Should be posting shortly. I apologize in advance for the hilarity of the screw-ups in it. I had a part break on camera O_o

How to is up! Sorry it took so long. WLMM and Youtube took their sweet time processing it.

5 Likes

Now for you guys to vote for something for me to post. Yay, democracy!

We have a one to one tie between matoran build and the shotgun. Do I hear a tiebreaker?

I would love to see both equally, actually.

I planned on posting at least two if the three choices at some point. I just want to know which one you want to see right now.
Edit: by right now I mean within the next day or so.

Do you have any photos of the MOCs you have in your poll?

1 Like

Not at the moment.

I voted for the Shotgun. I need some tips on how to design custom weapons.

Yay! Voting is now closed! Let the crappy photography Commence!

I posted the shotgun howto. See it here.

4 Likes

Does anyone have tutorials for HF stuff?

1 Like

Don’t really use HF much, but I do have a few neat designs. I might post one every now and then but eh depends on the interest.

Poll here. Careful though, some of the terms can get a tad technical.

5 Likes

I voted for the roborider head because it’s the only one that I don’t already know how to do.

Right, here’s how I made my WH40K Chainfist, a weapon meant to be mounted on the lower arm from the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
Sorry about the low-quality pics, I used an old phone to take them, so they’ve got a bit of quality fluctuation.

First I used technic beams (size three and four) and axles (size one and two) to make the skeleton (I’ll use those beams again later)
Next, I used the Onua Nuva weapon for the chain part. The technic piece will hold an armor piece to cover the design

Next, I slid the quake breaker along the size one and two axles. The size two is mostly there for stability. My first design lacked it and would flip around if you didn’t use the characters hands as a stop. Not optimal.

This piece will connect the chainfist to the arm itself once it’s finished.

It goes on the end like so, and my camera quality takes a sudden dive. :frowning:

Repeat the technic beams on the other side of the main body to secure the blade and connector.

This technic pin will can hold several kinds of armor. For mine, I used the Knights Kingdom shoulder, although without the pin you could use Nuva or Metru shoulders instead.

And there you have it, one chainfist! Snap it to the bottom of your character’s lower arm, with the blade sticking out towards the enemy. Apply repeatedly to face and chest.
If I come up with any other interesting weapon builds, I’ll be happy to share them, if you want!

14 Likes