Hulk vs Surtur

Big monster!

I was trying out oil pastels, which I rarely use. I kind of like it, but I dunno. I’d love any feedback!

36 Likes

Ok, this is a piece of art. I would definitely have it as a painting on my wall if I could!

1 Like

This looks amazing! Nice work!

1 Like

Looks great! I’d like more!

1 Like

Wow, this looks really awesome!

There’s very little I can suggest, other than that Hulk’s proportions and pose here look a little off, and there could maybe be some more dramatic oranges or glowing highlights to make things more interesting and pop a bit more. The technique here as far as I can tell is great!

Nice work!

1 Like

Wow, thank you!

[quote=“Tuaro, post:3, topic:49531, full:true”]
This looks amazing! Nice work!
[/quote] Thanks![quote=“Toa_Radrix, post:4, topic:49531, full:true”]
Looks great! I’d like more!
[/quote] Thanks, but this one drawing kind of crippled my supply of pastels😂 We’ll see.

Thanks for the feedback! I agree the proportions are a little off and the lighting could be more dramatic. I tried to fix it and add brighter oranges, before I posted, but I’m limitted by what the pastels can do. The fact that it’s on black paper hasn’t helped matters.

I love it.
This is really well done! I want to print this out and hang it up on my wall.
How did you make something so incredible?

1 Like

Thanks! Feel free to print it. I’m not sure, it was based off of a reference photo so it’s not like I came up with the composition or anything

1 Like

Wow, that’s good. You really nailed Surtur’s face.

1 Like

Dang that looks good, how’d you do it

1 Like

^^^^^

2 Likes

I think Hulk could use just a little more contrast, but that’s just being nit-picky. This looks fantastic, especially since it was pulled off in pastel. It feels like there’s actual motion and energy emanating in the picture.

1 Like

Epic.

was the first word that came to my mind. I think you did an awesome job, while it could be brighter, that’s more of a nitpick than anything else. Though I suppose a bit more contrast on Hulk would help it, but that’s just a nitpick.

1 Like