Human-ized Bionicle?

I dont really like the blue hair on blue characters, green on green, and red on red. Too anime-ish instead of something natural or Maori-ish.

2 Likes

Yeah, if I invisioned the Toa as humans…most of them would have black or brown hair, maybe blond to add a bit more diversity…but still…

If anything the elemental color should be maybe a artificial highlight then the natural color. It completes the look without looking unnatural.

It’s from the “The journey begins” pamphlet, first page. You can view it here if you want.

http://catalogs.lego.com/Club/us/2015/JanFeb/BIONICLEinsertJanuary2015/

~W12~

1 Like

Bionicle (at least the first three years) reminds me totally of Avatar. So these art renditions done by the artist are spot on.

Oh shoot, I have that pamphlet. I never really noticed the hair on Gali. It definetly looks strange. Like fitting and not fitting at the same time

1 Like

Now, I don’t consider myself a very good artist, but I think it came out pretty well.

Here’s how I imagined Rahkshi if they were actually masked humans (with big metallic spines on the back though), with tattoos and colored skin.

4 Likes

Explain pls

I have a, a strong dislike for humanized Bionicles, yeah, they make me sick, right, okay?

secretly works on Bionicle high school AU

1 Like

Reminds me of Avatar not the last airbender

Speaking of which, would “humanized bionicle” be more palatable if they were more “biological aliens” who just happen to have human-like features?

2 Likes

I don’t know. Humanized bionicle have never really attracted me, but that drawing I made made me like the idea of biological human like aliens with masks and such quite a bit.

2 Likes

Here’s an interesting interpretation by Taka Nuvia on BIONICLE | VK

4 Likes

I try to make my creations look as human in shape as possible. Here’s some shameless self promotion:

The latter is unfinished.

In my opinion the best humanoid mocs are that those that make you forget that they’re made out of lego pieces.