I know where Marendar is going...

I’m not sure but you can find on this site displaying prototype photos not listed on the wiki.
http://forum.balljoints.ru/viewtopic.php?p=58378

2 Likes

Is that an actual prototype of a bionicle set?

If it is moc of your creation you should submit it to the canon contest held at the end of the year or at the beginnig of the next.

1 Like

It’s not my moc but it is a prototype for a 2005 set, probably the sidorak or Keetongo. And besides that, the build uses primarily glued pieces and non-Lego compatible parts. But I am interested in recreating this

1 Like

I have considered a lot of this and implemented it into my submission for the Marendar contest though I don’t want to share it yet because I don’t know if it will be counted as an “Old moc” if submitted before the contest even though it is made for it. I did do something where I implemented a “siphoning device” on his back that absorbs a toa’s power, whether that be elemental or their toa power in general and then will proceed to cut them down with a blade. The device is basically Kabrua’s inhibitor on another level and I guess was the prototype for them. I guess you will see when the contest comes around.

3 Likes

I look forward to see your submission! :+1:

Those feet pieces seem like they would be an awesome addition to any parts collection, like-in-to Kalma’s decorative Hordika feet but instead with rahkshi feet.

3 Likes

Those feet do indeed look :ok_hand:

A job for 3D modelers perhaps?

While it is fairly evident that your writing skills need work, your story itself has some very nice forethought and plot weaved into it. Keep on writing, you’ll get better.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words @Kanohi_Cantri

I mainly wanted to convey the ideas I had, and felt like a short story would serve that purpose better than a dry explanation. Of course, someone with actual writing skill would make a much better story out of this than me (I do not really plan on writing, this was a kind of one-off thing).

What I would like to know is, do you think this whole idea is too much “out there”, or could you see the Great beings designing something similar as the way of destroying the Toa?

3 Likes

Seeing as how there is dimension hopping, mind control, hunger, and time control within the canon of Bionicle, I don’t see this idea as being too far-fetched. Maybe a little overboard, yes, but again this ability is completely plausible, especially for something designed to destroy powerful entities such as toa. Besides, the Great Beings were able to create other grand objects such as an enormous space-faring robot, a mask with the ability to manipulate life at its core complete with its own life/personality, and a mask that can create anything its user could envision out of thin air. So there is no reason to believe that they could not build this power into Marendar.

I do agree that it would give it some extra creepiness if it were able to do this- which is very intriguing to me.

2 Likes

cool concept art

If you think that is how it should look like, by all means make a moc and take part in the competition.

1 Like

I find it very interesting how the designer used a toolo exhaust pipe for this guy.

5 Likes

Yes! I thought this too–wrote a story about it back in like, 2017-2018. Part of a Bionicle continuation, which I’ve since abandoned (though one day plan to re-write and resume). It just makes sense that he would be drawn to her and the nui stone.

I’ve always liked Bionicle chickens interpretation of Marendar

Can’t wait to see other people’s interpretation of him

14 Likes

I actually like that one too as long as there is thought behind it. As I stated before the winning interpretation should communicate how Marendar deals with the Toa once he hunts them down. He should not be merely a physically imposing brute.

4 Likes

That probably is where the story would go.

I also have a theory about how it would end. I want to be clear that this is heavily based on another theory I saw a while ago.

As others have theorized, Marendar likely has something that can turn off Elemental Power. This would give it a massive advantage over any Toa. Of course, Tahu still has the Rahkshi powers, and Tuyet has a tremendous amount of Toa Power. But Tahu can only use so many powers at once, and Toa Power is useless without Elemental Power.

But, the Elemental Inhibitor would not work on the Glatorian granted Elemental Powers by Mata Nui. So they would become major characters in the battle, and you could end the arc with one of the Glatorian sacrificing themselves to defeat Marendar with a Nova Blast.

Probably Ackar.

(Also, Tuyet’s Toa Power would allow her to create a very large amount of Toa without turning into a Turaga, if she were so inclined. Something to think about.)

3 Likes

The Glatorian strategy is something I thought about as well in the past. However, Marendar has since been granted straight up resistance to elemental energy, so I guess this wouldn’t work anymore? But I still like it as an elegant solution.

Sacrifice for the future of the new society would be a fitting end for the veteran Glatorian’s arc.

Additional (lesser) option is for the Toa Nuva to prepare their elemental attacks beforehand (which only they can do) and lure Marendar into a trap.

Hmm, interesting. I never thought about her wanting to give away the power for more Toa. Did you mean it as a part of some plan against Marendar, or would she use it in the aftermath, to replenish near extinct Toa?

3 Likes

That is true. I know that the community doesn’t like retcons, but I’d be comfortable with changing this to say it only shuts off Toa’s abilities, just because it opens up more story possibilities while still aligning with Marendar’s purpose of defeating Toa.

And honestly, this makes more sense. If the Great Beings wanted a robot to kill rogue Toa, why would they make it immune to the Element Lords? And this fits better with the idea of the Toa being artificial creations.

I also love the idea of the Toa Nuva setting up timed attacks. That is an incredibly clever use of a pre-established power, which I always enjoy.

I didn’t really think about it. I just realized it was something she could do.

Realistically, she would use it to set up her Toa Empire, except this time with Matoran-turned-Toa handpicked by her.

3 Likes

I share your opinion.

Yeah, that is probably right.
Then again, there are mentions of Tuyet’s potential redemption in some of the posts of this topic. If there even is any redemption for her, I think it would have been now.