I made Toa Tahu and the MNOG beach/canister entirely out of bricks! Pics/voting link in thread

Hey all, long-time lurker, figured you guys would probably be interested in this—I’ve put together a pitch for an Ideas project (yeah, I know, another), consisting of Tahu and a little diorama. It’s got a ton of play features, including a Tahu Nuva alt-build!

There’s a ton more pictures on the project page, so take a look and vote if you can. I’ve spent ages getting all the details on the model just right without compromising its stability, and am pretty happy with the result—let me know what you think!

54 Likes

That looks amazing!

4 Likes

Quite cool! I’m impressed by the shaping.

How well can he fit into the canister?

3 Likes

This is brilliant!

1 Like

How well can he fit into the canister?

Very good question! The answer is… I don’t rightly know! My collection of physical parts is unfortunately quite limited, so I wasn’t able to build anything more than some mockups of individual joints. Fully-assembled or partially-disassembled, I don’t think he’d fit. In pieces however… most of his components are very small, and so just eyeballing it (based on years of transferring sets to small plastic boxes) I think you can probably get everything in there. But if it turns out to be a squeeze, the design of the canister means it’d be easy to add another layer or two of curved bricks to make it bigger, without really affecting the look of the model!

Thanks for all the other comments everyone :grinning:

1 Like

One of the few idea that I really need to be made into a set.

1 Like

Great recreation of Tahu! I love how you even managed to give him the option to be in his Nuva form, entirely out of LEGO system parts! You have my support!

1 Like

I love this! I would definitely votes for this and buy it. Hope it gets 10k votes

2 Likes

This is fantastic!

1 Like

fantastic.

2 Likes

The foot shape is awesome.

I also like how you used the Mata chest ball as a connection point for the Nuva Armour.

1 Like

i’ll definitely be voting for this one!