Iconox [Worldbuilding][Pitch]

##Iconox

The Maze
The maze is comprised entirely of reflective ice, sculpted by ice and the sharpest minds of Ihuan architecture. Since it is sculpted using elemental power, its layout is changed after every single game to prevent players from memorizing the layout.
Hidden within the maze are various traps and obstacles built by experienced tinkers and engineers. Some traps are harmless, such as empty pitfalls and nets. Others are deadly.

Game Modes
Because maze-running can vary per game, there are three major game modes that players can specialize in (in order of danger levels):

1. Solo Run (Sa @Kardax): Players race against each other to escape from the center of the maze. They will be faced with various traps and obstacles to hinder their path.
  2. Team Run (Va @Kardax): Teams (maximum of 4 per team) race against each other to reach the center of the maze. They will be faced with various traps and obstacles to hinder their path. Within the center of the maze are four large platforms. When a platform is occupied by a full team, the platform is raised, and their position is taken into the scoring process. The first raised platform is rewarded -3 points, the second -2 points, the third -1 points, and the fourth 0 points.
  3. Labyrinth (Ca @Kardax): Players may either compete solo or work in teams to retrieve the ice scepter in the center of the maze and bring it to the judges. Within the maze is a Crystal Climber trained to avoid obstacles by climbing the ice walls and attack any living thing in its territory. If the ice scepter comes into contact with ice, it is automatically returned to the center of the maze.

General Rules

1. Players may not use elemental power within the maze. Automatic disqualification.
  2. Players may not bring weapons into the maze. Shields are allowed, within reason.
  3. Players may not climb atop the walls of the maze.
  4. Points follow an inverted system: the less points a player is rewarded, the better they are.
  5. The place of the player by the end of the game determines the amount of points they are rewarded. 1st place earns 1 point, 2nd place earns 2 points, etc. In team runs, team members combine their “place points,” which is then added to the final score. Players who are eliminated/disqualified receive the largest score (which depends on the number of players currently in-play).
  6. The nature in which players interact with traps can affect their score:
  • Fall (+2): player is caught within trap.
  • Spring (+1): player activates trap.
  • Miss (0): player avoids trap.
  • Try (-1): player makes attempt to disable trap.
  • Disable (-2): player disables trap.
  1. Final Score is determined by adding Place Points and Trap Points. The lowest possible score one could be rewarded while avoiding traps is 1. The lowest possible score a team of four could be rewarded while avoiding traps is 10.
5 Likes

In regards to 2. Team Run: What if one team makes it to the center first with a high score but another team comes in later and ends with a lower score? Does the first or second team win? In which case, how do they know which platform to stand on?

Other than this I think you thought this out perfectly and I don’t believe I have anything to add.

2 Likes

Nice. Why isn’t there a ceiling over the maze? So spectators can see what’s going on?

I just had a weird idea. What if the rahi… is the ball? is the spectator?

2 Likes

I’ll assume “higher” means “better” in this context, since this follows golf-score rules.

If the first team to reach the center has an inferior score to the second team, the second team wins.

@Levva

1. lol for the ball
  2. No ceiling helps the spectators view the game and the feral Rahi to take a shortcut to different parts. And I guess the Rahi is kinda a spectator, since it’s looking for the player.
2 Likes

Maybe the platforms are ice when you first step on them, then they turn into a metal when everyone reaches the center.

1 Like

To be honest I have never played golf and know little about its scoring system but I meant the first team had the worse of the two scores.

So if the second team to reach the center has the better score why are they stepping on the silver platform?

I don’t quite understand what you mean. Are you saying the platforms are covered with ice and they are uncovered when all the players have reached the center?

1 Like

The main problem with that is turning frozen water into a metal.

@RAKRONDEWL: At that point, it’s just to show which team arrived first to each platform. It could be changed so that there are no metals on the platform.

Okay, I’ve editted the “metal on platform” aspect out. This actually makes it more compatible with the general rules.

2 Likes

Instead of having metal, the ice could carve itself once everyone has reached the center.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think the platforms should be the metals as it seems like: here you go and now give it back.

I agree.

2 Likes

That would imply the ice has a mind of its own, and that it’s able to track every single player’s progress.

2 Likes

I meant to say “carve itself” in quotations. The judges/spectators carve the ice.

2 Likes

Okay, that makes more sense lol

2 Likes

So the crowd raises their champions, a cool idea actually.

2 Likes

What kind of Rahi should be in the Labyrinth? I’m stuck between Crystal Climber and Frostelus.

1 Like

From what I read about the two, I think the Crystal Climber works best. They were actual Rahi in g1, would nest and hunt in one area, they’re climbers, and they lived on Mt. Ihu.

2 Likes

Crystal Climber it is!

2 Likes

Time for the almighty name debate!

I think…

2 Likes

For now, I’ve named it Maze Run, but I’m not sure that’s adequate

2 Likes

We could call it marzu or marun or somethin

2 Likes

The names “marzu” and “marun” don’t really sound like names from Ihu. I get that you’re combining the words “maze run” into a single word, but I don’t think the combination fits.

2 Likes