If G3 is over can I start G4?

If G3 is over can I start G4?

Just wondering :wink:

but if G3 never happened how can there be a G4??? :thinking:

IIRC nothing was ever done with G3

7 Likes

This is definitive proof that Bionicle is immortal

13 Likes

G3 was never an officially approved project from the LEGO company’s viewpoint, and LEGO never endorsed it. So technically, a ‘G3’ never happened.
You’re welcome to do whatever kind of project you want as long as it abides by site rules, but it wouldn’t be a ‘G4’ since LEGO’s never created a ‘G3’.

It’s more fair to call it Brickonicle, anyway.

4 Likes

You’re always free to reinvent your favorite characters and stories. TTV doesn’t own the imagination of the BIONICLE fandom; they’re a reflection of it.

So the actual question you are trying to ask is ‘Can I make my own Bionicle universe?’.
Yes, yes you can.

Indeed[quote=“Ghid, post:5, topic:48399”]
G3 was never an officially approved project from the LEGO company’s viewpoint, and LEGO never endorsed it. So technically, a ‘G3’ never happened.
You’re welcome to do whatever kind of project you want as long as it abides by site rules, but it wouldn’t be a ‘G4’ since LEGO’s never created a ‘G3’.

It’s more fair to call it Brickonicle, anyway.
[/quote]

I called it G4 because I didn’t really want it confused

They own the site, I’d rather have their permission instead of doing something unwise

Yeah I guess that is the question

Well I guess this is a yes from you guys!

1 Like

I’d personally name it something other than G3. An original name helps it stick better in people’s minds, and marks it as something more your own. When we renamed Eternal from “The G3 Project” to Eternal, it was almost entirely in direct response to there being three or four other “G3s.”

And yes, please do make your own Bionicle universe. The more the merrier.

5 Likes

Oh there a few other G3s? G4 then!

Personally, I would avoid naming it ‘Generation X’ in general. Make it your own.

3 Likes

Again, that was what happened with Eternal. “Generation X” completely blends into the crowd.

3 Likes

I had an essay for a proposed G4 or G3, which assumed Brickonicle as a G3. It’s called “Bionicle Refoundings” and it was more of wish list, of how I would want to see something done in the format of an essay, basically a response to Brickonicle and G2 combined.

1 Like