If the Makuta Mistika and Phantoka exited the Swamp Of Secrets, would they return in their original forms?

For example, when Antroz takes the Jetrax 6, he changed form, so if the Makuta, in another timeline, maybe one where Krika or all of them got away, would they return to their original forms?

3 Likes

Welcome to the Boards.

The Makuta being in Karda nui did not impact their appearances. The four Makuta which made up the Phantoka wave of sets all chose to look like that deliberately - they could choose to look different at any point. Antroz entering the Jetrax T6 altered his appearance automatically to a pilot form, in a somewhat similar manner to the Toa Nuva’s adaptive armor.

The Makuta in the Mistika wave, however, were mutated by the waters of the swamp of secrets, although it isn’t clear how much of their appearances was a deliberate choice and how much they were mutated, but it did lock all three of the in their respective forms. No matter where they theoretically might go, they would be unable to alter it simply by changing location.

5 Likes

SMH my head Ghid you forgot about Icarax.

Antroz, Vamprah, Chirox, Mutran, and Icarax, like all Makuta, are shapeshifters. They can look like anything they want, any time they want.

Bitil, Krika, and Gorast were mutated by the pit mutagen, like the Barraki but to a lesser extent, and lost their ability to shapeshift. They were stuck that way. Theoretically, it’s possible Mutran or Teridax could have restored that ability, had they survived. However, it wasn’t based on location.

5 Likes

he deserves forgetting about :triumph:

3 Likes

So if the Mistika were stuck in that mutated form, if they had gone out of the GSR in the battle of Bara Magna in Journey’s end, would their mutation be healed by Mata Nui’s powers? Biosector01 says that mutations like the one of the Barraki was cured, so would they be cured too?

4 Likes

It’s hard to tell. Pit mutagen is what formed the Swamp of Secrets, and while other individuals mutated by the waters of the pit, the Swamp of Secrets was significantly more potent, transforming individuals significantly quicker than the pit could. In theory, it could be done.

However, the nice thing about Fanon - making your own stories and adventures in existing universes - is that you’re able to create a hypothetical What If scenario such as the one you described and explore the idea in full. Stories, Mocs, Artwork, it’s all yours to create and imagine as you choose; it’s one of the best parts of being in the community.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was planning on a what if were Krika survived Gorast’s attack, I wanted to see if anybody knew if the mutation was reversible because I didn’t know if to describe him as his mutated form or original

4 Likes

Aren’t the Makuta all gaseous entities at this point, though? Couldn’t they just inhabit different bodies? Or is that just Teridax?

3 Likes

The Makuta could possess other bodies, though it should be noted that these other bodies would likely be inferior to their original Makuta armour and may limit some of their powers (depending on the body).

4 Likes