If there was a contest for making a Metrutoran Nui combiner would you guys be interested?

Hello everyone,

As the title says: “If there was a contest for making a Metrutoran Nui combiner would you guys be interested?”

If yes, here is my proposed ruleset:

• You can only use the parts featured in set 8607-8612.
  • You can only use 1x qty of each set.
    Edit: Rendered parts list

Other than that everything would pretty much be allowed. Other general contest rules would follow the TTV Canon contest ruleset.

I personally think this could be a cool contest to do since its something unique that most people with the Biopack, stud.io and a computer can enter, but also anyone with the metrutoran could also enter. As far as I know the metrutoran aren’t too terribly expensive so the only thing stoping people from joining would be a reluctance of buying the Metrutoran or those who can’t do online pruchases. While the latter is a hefty hinderance I still think that most community members are at the age of knowing how online purchases work.

However I want to hear the communitys opinion would this be something you could sign up for?

Mods please move this if you think it should go into the what canon contest would you like to see next topic. Felt it was different enough of a question but I dunno

4 Likes

I mean it would be interesting but the pieces arent really good for a combiner (notsaying it’s impossible but hard)

3 Likes

Well, I have all 6 Metrutoran, though I’ve never tried tried combining them. That being said, it might be an interesting contest.

1 Like

I hear ya, but counting extra items, there is a decent amount of stuff to utilize

1 Like

Just for reference:

It’s definitely possible.

That would certainly be an interesting idea for a contest. Very accessible, as well.

What extra parts are there? Just a few pins?

2 Likes

Yeah. The pieces are enough but the combiners end up pretty awkward looking. @TheJerminator ive seen those but i think they look kind awkward especially the second one

1 Like

Unlike the original G1 combiners, which are so smooth and streamlined.

You’re not wrong, but these are just the first two examples I could find. I’m sure there’s better designs out there, waiting to be found.

And even if there’s not, is that really that big of a deal? A Metrutoran Nui combiner is something that I’m shocked we didn’t get back in 2004.

4 Likes

I certainly wouldn’t be against it.

2 Likes

1x blue pin each
1x 2l black axel each
1x 3l black friction pin each

so 18 more parts for people to use. Other combos namely Fikou or the Nuva Kaita used extra parts so I think it should be allowed for this hypothetical contest

No its not. I do like the idea and i would give it a try myself.

some are. Ok i get it. it works with other combiners in G1 and definitely works better than lets say an av matoran nui (basically gaardus) or a mahri one (there are only 4 mahritoran).

Fikous neck wich should have no ball joint is a good example like you said
and here i would say the replacement parts are a bit better than the no extra balljoint.

Do these mean replacement ones or the ball joints?

1 Like

The extra balljoint was an extra piece from pohatu, its even featured on pohatus can.

Nuva had various extra pieces, those being, black pins, ball joints, gears and axels. The balljoint was mostly the only ones used but since extra parts are part of a sets inventory I think they should be fair game in a combo contest.

1 Like

Ok I dont own his canister. But i do know that in a prototype (featured on the first kaita padge) he had an extra one. And yes those are prototypes onua even had different eyes.

Ok.

1 Like

You mean as a community contest, not a canon contest, right?

I might enter that contest, although, honestly I feel like most entries will be pretty similar to one another.

Just keep in mind that only masters can host contests, and every contest must have a physical prize.

1 Like

Yee, I’m not sure TTV are willing to do a contest for the Metrutoran nui for similar reasons as to why they are not doing Rahkshi recolors

Yee, I’m aware, it probably wouldn’t happen until I myself become master or unless someone with master teams up with me to make it

My heart, it crack

3 Likes

Let the people have a contest, I say

1 Like

I actually don’t think it would be unreasonable to do this as a canon contest. The reason that Rahkshi recolours won’t be contests is that we already know what the exact structure of every Rahkshi looks like, as well as the colour placement. The Metrutoran Nui, on the other hand, has a completely unknown build.

Plus, the Metrutoran Nui had a pretty major role, while the Rahkshi recolours didn’t.

Finally, we should have gotten a six-Matoran combiner back in 2004. That’s why it was included in the story in the first place:

3 Likes