If you could cancel a LEGO theme, what would that be?

Brickheadz

2 Likes

@TheMOCingbird Hey, Ninjago is not the only theme I like and Itā€™s not even my favourite! I was saying that all the newer sets are licensed except for Ninjago. Ninjago is the only Original LEGO theme that is still ongoing, so out of the newer sets, I would buy only Ninjago. But I prefer buying older sets on Ebay from Other themes which Is liked more then Ninjago. So, I have nothing in common with that guy, you just understood me wrong.

@SteampunkTahu, at least is more realistic then OverWatch or Fortnite , and some people like me would prefer this kind of shooters rather then overwatch

man everybody already got the good choices
elves, ninjago, bionicle g2, thereā€™s nothing left man

ā€¦

wait there is one more thing

I canā€™t agree more on getting rid of Ninjago. There was something special about the first year of sets that will always resonate with me, and the next year will always hold the title of most disappointing move from LEGO in an original theme. Yes, even more disappointing that The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part.

like my man likus Iā€™m a sucker for good parts and I canā€™t wait to get my hands on the sets to come from the movie, but my expectations for the movie itself are incredibly low

But that theme has already been picked (multiple times) so Iā€™m gonna have to choose one nobodyā€™s touched yetā€¦ Creator.

I know - I just know - Iā€™m gonna get hate for this, how not having new parts is the point, how I lack 100% creativity for hating on it, how Iā€™m just another one of those people who builds everything our of Galidor because I canā€™t afford to waste my money on any other theme lest it ruin my holy creations (I apologize if Iā€™m the first person to actually say that) but Iā€™m a kid who grew up with this theme back in the good old days, in the days where the biggest, bestest sets had eight different builds each with their own instructions and flavour, where dinosaurs a foot tall rampaged against mechs taller than any Bionicle set, over an imaginary world where three robots with shields and stupid ankles defended the countryside houses from being totaled by the giant ogre and the triceratops missing half its pieces, all the while the chewed-by-a-dog Panrahk moc lived peacefully and quietly with his set brethren, intermingling with other pieces in a peaceable manner not demanded solely because of the theme. LEGo sets and creations are never truly locked into a single scenario or concept due solely to the theme they come in, or the way the instructions tell you to put them together. And yes I know Iā€™m a hypocrite who always says not to bank on nostalgia and Iā€™m literally using nostalgia as one of my points, butā€¦ This theme had more freedom than ever to be whatever you wanted it to be, and now the bigger a set is, the less options you have, despite the part inventory at LEGOā€™s disposal now being larger than ever before.

So yeah, cancel this Creator line. Bury it deep, and start over, because I know LEGO still has the potential to do what they did back then. They just arenā€™t.

the infrequency of new mindstorms releases makes the theme almost seem cancelled already so personally Iā€™d just fully like to see lego replace it with Boost.

Trust me guys, you donā€™t want ninjago to end. While yhe sets might get repetitive in some way or another, we have the TV Show at least. If it wasnā€™t for the TV Show, Ninjago would have been canceled back in 2013 in the Final Battle wave. But because of the TV show, it is what it is now. If Ninjago ends, LEGO will never come up with a better theme in the era of LEGO on which we are currently.

how do you dislike a post

3 Likes

Iā€™m just going to like your post and call it good

isnā€™t this your big complaint/reason you think star wars should be cancelled?[quote=ā€œLegoDavid, post:6, topic:46770ā€]
I would cancel Star Wars. Itā€™s way to repetitive. Itā€™s just the same Space Ships each year
[/quote]
^^^^

2 Likes

ā€¦Thatā€™s definitely not nearly worth keeping it around. The show is awful.

I know, and I like everyone else begged LEGO to keep it around. But that was then, and this is now, and now itā€™s awful. [quote=ā€œLegoDavid, post:47, topic:46770ā€]
Trust me guys, you donā€™t want ninjago to end
[/quote]

No, Iā€™m pretty sure we do. Iā€™d rather buy every Brickhead from every store in the country than endorse Ninjago a moment longer.

1 Like

I like brickheadsā€¦

2 Likes

Good job, everybody which says things like this about Ninjago will get on my least favourite people list on this board

You did kinda put words in his mouth by saying this[quote=ā€œLegoDavid, post:47, topic:46770ā€]
Trust me guys, you donā€™t want ninjago to end
[/quote]
he was just expressing his opinion, and it seems kinda petty to hate the guy for that.

2 Likes

I mean. Thatā€™sā€¦ Thereā€™s notā€¦

I canā€™t prove thatā€™s untrue but common senseā€¦

Iā€™m just going to throw this out there. Lego is repetitive.

Lego has always been repetitive.

Lego will always be repetitive.

Star Wars, Ninjago, Bionicle, all of them got repetitive. The Builds and the concepts and the ideas and the everything got repetitive and stale. Doesnā€™t necessarily speak to the quality of the line, and frankly, I think both of you tend to forget that the Lego Company is a business.

Good business sense states that you release repeat sets, like Star Wars does. Why? Because every year some kids parents allow him or her to experience Star Wars for the first time. And then that kid decides they want a Lego set of the awesome ship they saw in the movie.

I did it. Lots of people before me did it. Lots of people the same age as me did it. And until Lego or Star Wars die, lots of kids after me are gonna do it. And as long as it sells Lego wonā€™t stop. Same with Ninjago. And just so weā€™re clear - I know nothing of Ninjago, and care to know nothing. To Mesoā€™s great chagrin.

And in case it didnā€™t come across properly, What Iā€™m trying to say is to tread lightly. Being respectful to other users is a rule of the boards.

~Hawkeye

12 Likes

What themes would you delete? This isnā€™t about the worst LEGO themes, but about themes that you would personally delete from existence, to never have existed.

So if I could, I would delete Angry Birds. It was just made to promote a movie. What is that?! It should have never existed.

But, what is your opinion?

I wouldnā€™t actually delete Galidor, itā€™s too good of a meme. And then Scala is an ā€œobviousā€ choice.

This is difficult, all the themes that made little impact on me (Chima, Nexo Knights) introduced some amazing pieces, and my love of the pieces overcomes my opinion on the themes. Iā€™d say Iā€™d probably ā€œdeleteā€ the very first Harry Potter series, there was very little that I actually cared for in that.

2 Likes

Bionicle needs to die.

1 Like

May I ask why? This board will not have existed without Bionicle

Itā€™s been going on for far too long, and needs to be put to rest. Everything needs to end eventually.

It has ended in 2010. It has ended again in 2016. Isnā€™t this ending to you?

Thank you for explaining the joke, good sir.