Ilin the Seeker, Fallen Toa of Ice

A master assassin with a shrewd mind and an expertise in 1 on 1 combat, Ilin’s name was feared all across Muri-Nui, renowned for her ability to take down any target, no matter who, or what, they were. Her personality matched her element perfectly, often coming across cold and harsh, preferring to spend her time in solitude in the icy mountains of her home land. She was the only member of her team to figure out her sister’s betrayal, yet in the end, even that did not save her…

This moc went through a ton of changes over the process of making her. First, she was going to be a mutant with ice spikes sticking out of random places, then she was a four legged scientist person for a while, and then I decided to drop the four legs, and that brings us to what we have now. Overall, I’m really happy with how she turned out. I think her overall shaping and stance is pretty nicest. My biggest problem by far with her though would have to be her lack of articulation in the hip and ankle. Now, on to the pictures (which there are a lot of)!

A sister’s betrayal…

Thanks for viewing, constructive criticism appreciated!

37 Likes

Very nice, I especially love the weapon designs

1 Like

A good, posable design. Black body with clearly defined white pieces over the top. Weapons sit well in the hands, and I really like the shape of the shoulders from the front.

I think she’d benefit from some shin armour. Doesn’t have to be huge. These perhaps because they have similar lines to the mask.
There is also a head design Rahiden came up with that might serve her well, where you can stick a balljoint under the Glatorian head’s chin.

Not a fan of the bare sockets at the waist. The shape is nice but if they’re meant to be armour they should be white, or perhaps have something else attached.
Upper back and shoulders feel a little unfinished to me. I’d be sticking a gear there but that’s just me. Just some more white slope bricks might help wrap things up there.
Really would have been better off with a black background or even just a coloured bedsheet. It’s clear you’ve had to compromise the image quality just to make her visible.

2 Likes

Yeah, that armor piece would fit perfectly, though I don’t have one atm. If I ever get the chance to pick some up though, I know right where I’m putting it.

You’re totally right, and I did try messing around with that, but I found that since I only have the old white hands with the weird textures on them, it didn’t look very good, and adding other pieces made the shaping look off, though I do agree it does look weird seeing as it looks like armor but has the same color has her flesh(?). Thanks for taking the time to write a thoughtful comment, it means a lot!

3 Likes

I love how you did the weapons, especially the Bazooka!

1 Like

Some pictures are too bright and the white is not visible. Try switching the background.

1 Like