Is BIONICLE Generation 2 Really That Impressive?

Sure, I can agree with a lot of your points, and I don’t mind Hero Factory either.

But an unimpressive Bionicle is better than no Bionicle, in my opinion.

3 Likes

Well, see, I meant that all the terms can get overwhelming at times.
I can understand that species need names, and that characters need names, that’s acceptable. What I often question, as a kid getting into G1 and as a girl now, is why we needed new names for common terms. Why call beasts rahi when we can call them beasts? I can get behind mask names, but why call masks kanohi and not masks? It just seems like a bit too much, and Im glad G2’s calming it down.

2 Likes

About the slcustom torsos, I think he means the new sets

1 Like

But that was bionicles style, very complex and mysterious with lots of history.

1 Like

In which case fingers crossed that actually ends up being the case.

Why you gotta bring MFS into this, man?

5 Likes

No one is “butthurt”; we’re trying to defend something we like through logic. We’re giving well though-out arguments, and somehow that’s being butthurt? Okay then… :wink:

4 Likes

While this doesn’t surprise me, it disappoints me.

Take the passive aggressive “oh look at how cool and defensive I am” nonsense and stuff it, guys. Everyone has an opinion here, and the ability to speak it without being chewed on.

Have a debate, not an argument. Keep it civil.

I won’t ask nicely again, sorry.

This is a long standing debate, has been for a while. But there is no reason to get all bothered about it. Be constructive and polite.

17 Likes

To be fair this thread seems like nothing more than bait, but I’ll allow it to stay for the purpose of real discussion on this matter.

19 Likes

[quote=“UKnighted, post:12, topic:13734, full:true”]
Ahh… Exactly what I expected. Someone finally speaks up and all the fans come in butthurt that their one and only god BIONICLE was insulted.
[/quote] except you know

the people who made legit arguments against you

#;-;

I think the toa are the best toa sets we’ve ever gotten, and the protectors are the best small sets, wanna make that clear, though I do acknowledge their flaws, I can overlook them because I like them so much (lookin’ at you kopaka on how you hold your shield, Narmoto and Izotor’s lack of elbows, ect.)

8 Likes

I never understood the problem people have with the way he holds it, main argument being that the shield faces the side. But that’s how a shield should face when being held…

2 Likes

it just looks awkward, gave him 2 extra pieces and it looks a lot better

To fix what in specific, the posture of the hand? If so, I agree there.

2 Likes

yee

<post

@Nyran
I was thinking of Var.

In any case, I don’t look down on people that hold that opinion, but it’s one I simply can’t relate to or share, because I just have too many issues with the sets.

The 2016 Toa look better though, masks (and maybe the staffs) aside.

But bottom-line, my point is that there are people that hold the sets in that high a regard.

[quote=“Middlefingerstudios, post:30, topic:13734, full:true”]
and the protectors are the best small sets[/quote]

This I can reluctantly agree with.

Midgets with actual elbows and knees are always nice (with the exception of, as you stated, Narmoto and Izotor, because no elbows combined with straight bone pieces make them even worse than the small G1 sets).

Not to mention their colorations are, like, so much better than the Toa’s.

And I screwed up the reply again.

gg

5 Likes

The Protectors are awesome overall. I honestly dont mind the lack of elbows on Narmoto, the reach of his fire sword things make up for it, but its a big problem on Izotor.
Lets take a sec to admire that name.
IZOTOR
Thats a cool name. All of em have cool names. Narmoto sounds Japanese.

2 Likes

Definitely has a nice ice vibe to it.

Except Korgot.

Probably because it sounds like Naruto.

1 Like

This is my stance on G2.

The sets are fantastic. Not only did they expand on the CCBS system with the addition of a gear system, but the design of the figures are great, with vibrant colors and appealing masks. Quite a few members of the community think the Gears are too stiff, causing the function to not be functional, but I think that it really isn’t so, as I’ve never had such an issue. Then we get to the Mask-Popping feature. They really don’t pop off as much as people think they do. Unless it takes a fall or is grabbed from the tip of the mask, It should stay on.

The Story, while lackluster, gets the job done. It is simplistic, yes, but Hero Factory was providing the same amount of a story. I will admit that HF did have alot more world-building, with Hero Factory FM and such.

When it comes to the animation, it’s all in personal preference. I really like the look of the Animations; smooth, not overly detailed, and has 2D Animation, my preferred form. HF had the Uber Detailed Models; worn down, textured. It isn’t bad, but the animation doesn’t fit my preferences.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think that the 2015 line of Bionicle was alright and had room for improvement but remember, this is the first year of a theme and 99% of the time, it is not the best year in a line, but 2016 looks to be a worthy successor to the carpet 2015 left out.

5 Likes

[quote=“Plural, post:38, topic:13734, full:true”]
Quite a few members of the community think the Gears are too stiff, causing the function to not be functional, but I think that it really isn’t so, as I’ve never had such an issue. Then we get to the Mask-Popping feature. They really don’t pop off as much as people think they do.[/quote]

Look, with all due respect, your experiences don’t speak for nor refute anyone else’s.

You didn’t have those issues?

Fine, good for you.

But other people did, and it’s been a problem for them.

I myself have dealt with the fragile mask connections, the slippery arm pins, the sluggish gears, and arms that flop about and fly into the torso when I try using said gears because of the arm length and weapon weight.

Just because you didn’t experience it doesn’t change that.

[quote=“Plural, post:38, topic:13734, full:true”]
and has 2D Animation, my preferred form. [/quote]

I like 2D animation too.

Some of my favorite movies are 2D-animated.

I just don’t like the stilted Flash variant.

1 Like