Is there any documentation on how the story would've continued?

Apologies if a similar question has already been asked. I’ve thought a bit about workshopping an unofficial continuation of the G1 serials, but I wasn’t actually sure if anything was set in stone for their continuation.

4 Likes

you mean where the series would have gone if the line wasn’t cancelled or where the story would’ve gone if greg didn’t stop updating the serials?

The latter, just the direction the serials were meant to go in, and if there was a planned end in sight.

Then again, if there’s more regarding the former than the legend reborn sequel treatments, I’d love to hear that too.

I think there is nothing left from this… the theories are all that remains…

There’s little bits and pieces.

It is known that there was going to be some kind of “Great Being Civil War”, and that Takanuva would play an important role.

Also, The Yesterday Quest was supposedly going to end with Gelu’s team finding a Great Being laboratory.

However, I think that these next few quotes are the most important things to consider above all else when trying a continuation:

(Also: Have you seen this?)

4 Likes

I think that greg has mentioned that he didn’t have any plans for where the story will go because he comes up with it as he goes along

1 Like

I have found another detail about the Civil War, if you are interested in keeping that storyline:

(And maybe you could do something with this; give the fans what they want:

Chat with Greg Farshtey | Page 528)

1 Like

Regarding the Red Star:
Greg’s thoughts on the matter (I’ve heard this in a few places) that he was going for a “zombies on a satellite” feel with that direction. The revived characters were revived “imperfectly” and were going to have limited lifespans and decay - some were reacting to this in different ways then others. The plan wasn’t to use it as a plot device to bring back dead characters - they were going to end up being dead again in the long run.

2 Likes

A lot of interesting stuff there! It looks like I was correct in assuming Velika would be the new big bad, wonder how that would’ve gone.

@Toa-of-Snow Also really interesting, I wonder if Greg would have gone full fanservice and brought back Lhikan, Hydraxon, and others for one last hurrah, or kept it fairly limited to who we saw in the serial already.

Bringing back Lhikan would be kind of cheap, given how important and impactful his death was.

I could see Hydraxon though, so we could get a story where he meets his duplicate.

I personally think it would be ok to bring some characters back for one last hurrah, so long as it is only a last hurrah. Why would you consider Lhikan temporarily appearing in the story again to be cheap when he’s been canonically confirmed to already be in a revived state on the red star?

(P.S. That statement from Greg about MU inhabitants observing SM inhabitants being romantic is indeed interesting. Nice find! :+1:)

His body has been confirmed to be revived, but there’s no guarantee that he’s all there mentally; simply stating that his body is alive is different from bringing him back as the Lhikan we all know and love.

I can see what you’re saying about only bringing him back for a last hurrah, but then how do you end it? Does Lhikan sacrifice himself again? Or do Pohatu and Kopaka just leave him up there if/when they go back?

Neither option is particularly appealing.

The story is already getting into dangerous territory by having the Red Star be able to bring characters back at all; there’s a reason that Greg introduced a bunch of reasons to explain why certain characters weren’t brought back.

The last thing you want is to “bring back” a dead character and then have them have a major impact on the story.

1 Like

I think that if the Red Star was to crash close to the Matoran/Agori settlement, there could be an interesting temporary reunion moment between Lhikan and the Turaga of Metru Nui as well as Jaller “finally getting to meet” the hero whose kanohi he wore for a millennium.
Not to mention confirmation that Gold Good Guy is only Lhikan’s shoddily “revived” corpse rather than his turaga form as it normally looks.

That being said, I do find the “his body’s revived, but he’s not in it” direction as quite a valid avenue for things to go. Somewhere on these boards a while back, it was said that getting revived by the Red Star doesn’t make the being revived “soulless”, citing Gaardus as proof;- although, now that I think about it, Gaardus was the last successful job that the Red Star did, correct? If so, then there should definitely be leeway to say that beings that came to the Red Star after him (Lhikan included) could/would have indeed been revived improperly.

This was an interesting similar discussion recently:

1 Like

Personally, I pictured the Red Star storyline ending in it’s destruction, whether it crashes into Spherus Magna or simply implodes, and characters onboard would either escape or die on it.

I’m not sure how Lhikan would be handled, he would almost certainly have to die again, and I can see how that wouldn’t be very satisfying, so he may be better off left untouched.

One character I would want to see return would be the original Hydraxon, to resolve that weird plot point with Dekar.

1 Like

I strongly suspect we would have either gotten a creepy undead Lhikan or he simply wouldn’t appear by name in the story at all. I very much doubt Greg would have done anything else with him on a character level because his story had already wrapped up with pretty solid finality.

1 Like