Island of Mystery(RP Topic)

OOC: Heat wouldn’t’ve been due to it’s non-physical, environmental state, only the ‘physical’ light, which would’ve delayed how long it took to reach covenant levels, but, going by how many posts I let it go, and its initial strength (combined with how much of it would’ve been hitting the ground next to the shield) It probably would’ve quickly gone past those levels.

OOC: @Jcton, that’d definitely be a very, very bad choice.

OOC: It’s his personality, but imagine if you provoked him…

OOC: Imagine what happens once he realizes Eric is definitely going to try and wipe out everybody else on the island

OOC: You get one very angry Guardian with a Axe that can freeze air! and megas (That helps too)

IC: Antama reaches the island he is fully healed. He rests on the beach, completely exhausted.

“Which crater?” Eric asks, not knowing to which crater he refers to.

OOC: Well, to be technical, to generate heat the laser would have to hit something, and that never happened. Maybe it hit the air, but that wouldn’t have been the unbearable heat you describe.

OOC: It was encountering what was essentially a physical shield, which in itself, if it could, would heat up, also, think upon what happens when you take a magnifying glass and direct light through it, then multiply it to like somewhere between 10x-100x.

“Where is the scrapyard?”
Elren asks.

OOC: The repeller reflected the laser away, in the way repellers do stuff

Also sorry, gtg

The impact shatters Runa’s arm, and it starts regenerating quickly. He then flew up to try and find the source of this shield.

Energy Counters: 7

OOC: Also, that sonic boom probably created a lot of noise, and at least a bit of damage to the surrounding area. So there’s that.

OOC: I mean, the concentrated light itself would be going pretty hot, and going by the fact it’d still be technically impacting something, the air around the point where it could no longer ‘properly’ move/had to change its movement, it would start heating up.

By now, Nameless had finished his humble abode in his hole on the side of the pit. Due to the materials used, it looked quite ran down, but still like it was made by someone who knew what they were doing. It didn’t really matter how it looked, though, as it was in a place very few would ever care to look, and even then would be covered in shadows most of the day.

Nameless looked at his remaining supplies. “Some small scraps, a bit of wiring, and the weapon thing.” He observed. “Might be useful.” He then goes to work analyzing what remained of the weapon.

Arsenal stretched, then went looking for materials to work with.

1 Like

It was probably the shield that the drone was holding, figuring that’s what he punched.

OOC: A light laser going through the air won’t cause the heat you described. Most of the heat of the light laser stems from it actually hitting something, and that absorbing the energy of the light, creating heat.

Is this the Pulse Bolt Generators?..

Symphony goes with Arsenal to help him.

Lorens holds his hands up in the air. He calls out to anyone near the mountain,
“Anyone there?” (@Omega_Tahu) (Emperor might be able to hear Lorens if he’s still near the wall of Symphony’s mountain.)

Antama rests recovering his energy.

Elren waits patiently for the answer to his question.

OOC: Think ant bully, if you’ve seen it, when the kid puts his arm into the light being projected through the glass bottle, he gets burned because the amplified/whatever-the-word-is-again light itself heats up due to the magnification.

OOC: nearly forgot

IC: “Oh, that was the threat that I was talking about. We didn’t want that to cause problems later on.”

The wall opens up, revealing Emperor. “Hello?”[quote=“KAI_BORG, post:5584, topic:43892, full:true”]
OOC: Think ant bully, if you’ve seen it, when the kid puts his arm into the light being projected through the glass bottle, he gets burned because the amplified/whatever-the-word-is-again light itself heats up due to the magnification.
[/quote]

OOC: That’s because the light is hitting his arm, and causing the surface of his arm to heat up quickly. Also, it’s not magnification as much as refraction.[quote=“KAI_BORG, post:5584, topic:43892”]
whatever-the-word-is-again
[/quote]

Focused

OOC: Oh, I thought it was a thing around the building.
rip

And I don’t think I made this clear, but Runa was kinda aiming to punch the wall…

IC: Runa started to circle the drone midair.

Energy Counters: 8

Arsenal nods. “Thanks for the help.”

OOC:[quote=“Omega_Tahu, post:5582, topic:43892”]
Is this the Pulse Bolt Generators?..
[/quote]

well, what’s left of it.

Once Nameless repairs it, it’ll probably be a lot less powerful, though.

The drones open fire, seeing as how Runa has killed one of their own. Several fly up to his level and above him, firing at him from several angles.

OOC: I mean, you’d need both parts to be in functioning condition for it to work.

OOC: Basically, remember the clear disk T.Tekan threw that grew? That was basically a massive magnifying glass… Also, would you even be able to block light itself?

Now that I think upon it, it was less a physical attack than it was him amplifying the focused light that was coming through the magnifying glass to increase its heat and glass the area… I don’t exactly know if that’d count as something a Hau (or similar enough) could really stop going by its non-physical state…

I mean, I’ll allow it due to reacting to it, but this is now topic for legitimate discussion.

“I’ll feel as if there’s more to your story. Neither of your stories ling up.”
Elren leans back,
“Tell me more.”

Lorens,
“Jag är ledsen
vi letar efter skydd!”

Caeruleus sighs,
“He said he’s sorry and we’re looking for shelter.
I’m Caeruleus and he is Lorens, our third party member is Candidus? I think?”

Candidus nods.

Antama rests on the beach.

Symphony follows Arsenal (@Runa)

“He basically nuked the area both because of an argument over a pile of scraps, and to kill the only being who can probably restrain both the Makuta, and the reality breaker who keeps fighting him, even if most likely only for a temporary time.” T.Tekan called out from his face down position on the ground, lifting a hand, finger raised in point.