Island of Okoto General Discussion

not much of a crown

more of a odd mask design

Not much of a crown? That’s the most crownliest crown I have ever seen, and like I said in the post above, they had a death mask prepared for him. He was pretty much a Pharaoh. A king that governed over the people of Okoto, and his brother was jealous of all of this. The Mask of Control looks even more like a Pharaoh’s headdress though.

is this a bible story moses

1 Like

But they knew he wasn’t dead, and since they didn’t have a mask of creation the gold protector mask is was as close as they have. It seems to be a ceremonial mask not a death mask. And the mask makers are not kings, that’s like saying the toa are kings. Just because the villagers worship them it doesn’t make them kings or gods or pharaoh.

They sit on the highest hill. In the tallest building. Venerated by statues of themselves. They were given legendary masks, one with a crown, and you would deny that they were kings?

Was mata nui a king? Was tahu a king when he had statues for him? Was he a king when he got a legendary mask? The are more of piece keepers then kings.

They are legendary blacksmiths not kings because Okotioan politics is very tribal 6 elders of a type of Tribal Court
Who decide the laws

Most likely Ekimu and Makuta were VERY revered Weapon smiths and armor suppliers. so no not kings.

2 Likes

Exactly

I established why they’re kings or rulers. My proof is pretty sound and you have nothing to dent my hypothesis yet. The various people your listing don’t have the same criteria, and thus your “comparison” falls flat as its irrelevant.

someone tell lego, this needs to be canon.

that is probably the best name I’ve heard for G2 villagers.

G2’s culture is very equatorial, incan/egyptian/asian,
the brothers designs are definitely based on royalty.

5 Likes

I would put money on the villagers worshiping Ekimu.

3 Likes

It is Very Apparent they were blacksmiths not kings the Protectors. run a tribal Court

1 Like

Mata nui has no comparison to ekimu? Really? And your sound hypothesis is just an opinion that you believe is right not a sound hypothesis now I do think they worship Ekimu, but they also worship the toa.

2 Likes

Thanks for showing up with that. I felt like I was getting roasted. It just wouldn’t make sense to have simple “blacksmiths” live in a very royal manner. I don’t care how much you like your local blacksmith, that doesn’t mean you let them live on the highest hill in the biggest building with special badges of office. That’s like me liking a specific brand of clothing and then deciding that we should let them live in a capitol building with their name everywhere.

When have they said Ekimu was a king, cause I’ve heard him called a great smith not a king.

He wears a legendary Mask. He gets an ornamental mask for his comatose state. He has fighting skills that surpass the protectors from what we’ve been shown. This guy is not a simple Mask Maker. He’s more.

But they aren’t local blacksmiths they are the greatest of the island maybe the government is run like this

Smiths are Revered as gods as there power is nearly unobtainable by simple okotoran

so As a sort of figurehead we have the two smiths
but the true decision making is done by the 6 Tribal turaga
of a Turaga court.

Much like ancient Arabic Tribal law

@Tarvaxx Most kings were incompetent at fighting. remember bionicle is tribal themed.

Most likely they are revered as gods much like the Ancient smith
Hephaestus of Greece @Payinku

1 Like

whether they directly refer to them as kings is irrelevant, they are definitely based on royalty, and that is reflected in their designs, positions of power, and housing.

5 Likes

We don’t think that the villagers gave him the mask, so it’s not their crown. He got a mask that was in his color scheme like the protectors, now he’s not the local blacksmith but he’s no king yet

He could have made that before the villagers got here. We literally don’t know. And Hephaestus? sounds cool.

Edited for Double Post - Slime
Tak you’ve been here for quite a while. Cmon man.
Edit sorry again lord slime :confounded:

1 Like

He got a golden mask, which signifies greatness. Not to mention there are only two blacksmith’s on Okoto. Can’t make yourself a ceremonial comatose mask while you’re asleep, now can you? This means that he created this mask, and it was most likely to be used when he died.