iylv’s unmodelled mask sketches

Space Garai

Mask of Tethering

Olmak (or pilot adapted Olmak?)

(Zaria’s?) mask of adaptation

Kraahkan

Since I don’t quite have time to model out the masks I’ve envisioned, I figured I’d just dump my mask sketches, which yes, I know aren’t the most proportioned (I’m more of a 3D artist myself). Will dump more pics as I sketch out what I envision, including gothic hau (which unfortunately is half faded from my mind).

Feel free to ask me about any more details, or ask for my sketches of my modelled masks to cross reference how I adapt my sketches to my kanohi.

You have my express permission to 3D model / commission a 3D modeller them on these conditions -

1. Its copyright is released as a creative commons share alike (that means free for the community).
  2. Let know about it once its done (so you don’t have to tell me you’ve started adapting it, only when you finish.)
  3. I’m credited as designing it (of course the 3D modeller gets credit for 3D modelling it, which I am too busy to 3D model for the foreseeable future).
  4. I have permission to use it in a potential fan game.

Enjoy

EDIT 1: Included 2 new masks sketches (as per last comment), I’m dubbing the 2nd one “Speed Demon Kakama)

EDIT 2: Here’s my blocking of my aerogoth hau, yeah, it’s not going well so you can have this concept for free. It’s not working and I can’t be bothered to finish it (not to mention, the eyes and “ribs” are too similar to classic hau).

EDIT 3: Looks like I’m doing a goth rock version of the mata masks after all (just think of speed demon kakama as part of this)

EDIT 4:

EDIT 5: New Rode variant just dropped… now all I need is an aquatic olmak for my shark rode.

EDIT 5.5: Sea Pancake Olmak for shark rode

EDIT 6: Samurai Hau (Nuva?)

5 Likes

Ooh very interesting designs! They seem pretty cool

1 Like

I really need to carve out the time to model my kraahkan. Hopefully start a week before Halloween and finish by Halloween… and of course chuck it on my uni work so it counts as course work.

Of course if someone else 3d models it before me, go ahead (it’s just the left half is more proportionate than the right).

And my kraahkan has 4 of those side blade. Just think of 08 Pakari, take the side blades, and double it and give it to the next kanohi.

EDIT: New kanohi dropped (I swear it looked better in my head, maybe it’s because I didn’t think through the mouth. Originally wanted a makuta style fanged mouth, but that goofy).

EDIT AGAIN: Saw MechanicalHands post on Kakama-Rama, and did a quick 5 minute sketch. I’m thinking of call it “speed demon” kakama.

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN: I’m back (not really), and started on my Kraahkan.

3 Likes