Jupiter War Mech (kind of a Update 9/24)

This is my self moc’s mech Jupiter. You’re probably tired of seeing this thread. I designed the chasis for the suit back around 2013-2014 when pacific rim just came out, I was super pumped after seeing the movie that i worked on the chasis design for about a year until i landed on something around this build. If you’ve followed my threads on this site then you’re probably already heard about my universe history with this mech, I’ll just skip it this time.

Some lore about the operations of the suit. The suit is controlled by a neural interface between the suit, the pilot, and the a.i… The pilots have to be surgically augmented (like the Spartan IIs from the Halo Franchise) so that they are harder, better, faster, stronger, and that they can handle the neural load from both the suit and the a.i… Their actual pilot suits are a combination of the Mjolnir armor (from Halo) and the Guardian Armor (From destiny) and that can still be used as an enhanced combat armor. When the pilots connect with their mech suit their helmet visor receives transmission from the mech’s head and the movement of the pilot’s helmet controls the movement of the mech’s head. The pilots arms dangle out of the mech to allow it control the mechs arms, and the pilots legs rest inside the mechs thighs which simulate the terrain the mech is walking on to allow fluid movement. The neural connection also simulates the stress/conditions the mech is under to help the pilot know the condition of the mech while piloting it. Some examples are that if the mech suffers an severed limb the pilot will feel a simulation of the mech having that limb severed, if the mech is carrying something heavy the pilot actually feels the weight of the item they’re carrying, if the mech’s head is blown off it could potentially knock the pilot unconscious. But if the mech’s head is heavily damaged the pilot can eject the head and use the chest visor which in turn could nullify the risk of getting knocked out by decapitation, but the pilot has to turn the entire mech’s body if they want to change views. The mech’s simulations though are not as intense as the actual feeling, however pilots try to avoid such stress if they can help it.

This is the mech in it’s star sailor mode. This mode it heavily based on Heero’s gundam and is rarely used except in extreme circumstances. Very few can match this mode’s strength.

Here’s the mech with a giant sword heavily based on optimus prime’s sword in the bayformers (no i don’t like the movies but they have some pretty sweet robots).

“did you forget, who i am?” (that part of the movie was kind of sick though)

This is the mech in it’s Tyrant mode, which is rarely used but offers some explosive firepower.

The sword can actually be mounted on his back

If you have any question, I’ll be happy to answer them as best as i can

26 Likes

The pictures probably don’t do it justice :confused:
it looks really cool.

2 Likes

I still dont really like big mocs, the pieces aren’t really designed for something that size

1 Like

This reminds me of some kind of anime robot.

1 Like

i like this, a lot in fact. The colors are cool. how tall is it if you dont mind me asking?

1 Like

@Darknova3529 Yeah, they do not. I was thinking about making a video for both my mechs, but was too lazy to do it. maybe next when I make another update thread.

@Asriel Yeah, for sure. Every few of months, I have to replace most of the pins cause they break from pressure and weight. I’m usually a huge fan of big mocs cause there’s more for me to work with, but i just hate sacrificing articulation and balance.

@Morgy Definitely, I took a lot of inspiration from some animes like Gurren Lagaan, Gundam Wing, transformers (idk if that counts as anime), and especially Pacific rim

@BrokenAxels Thanks! Red’s my favorite color so I really wanted to make a mech with mainly red, white and black colors. I used orange when i started to run out of pieces.The mechs are around 22 inches

1 Like