Kabrua, King of the Vorox

Kabrua, a Glatorian Legend, patrolling Bota Magna. Built to fit in with the later year aesthetics.

A single Vorox, taller and stronger than the rest, approached the net…

The Vorox leader eyed Gelu and the Toa with a gleam in his eye that said he was not so far from the savagery of his brothers after all.

— Narrator, The Yesterday Quest

Flickr: Kabrua, Glatorian Legend | "A single Vorox, taller and stron… | Flickr
Instagram: Fergus on Instagram

90 Likes

Awesome build.

I like how the piston in the shin stands out, since the Vorox are most organic with only a few mechanical parts.

I also like the decision to use that Hero Factory blaster as the Force Blaster. It’s a simple design never before seen in Bionicle, and it matches the description.

5 Likes

“Strangely, Kabrua kept seeing large structures that could not have been built by any species he knew. That and the black, circular pool that was constantly being lowered to his eye level.”

9 Likes

This is a really good Krabua moc. I love the inclusion of the the HF blaster and having a unique spin on the vorox design.

3 Likes

Best Vorox I’ve seen! Probably should be in the LEGO creations category tho :wink:

2 Likes

This looks really good, but I do question the range of motion on those legs. You definitely made the most of the limited supply of tan pieces.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

I’m happy that tidbit was noticed. The HF blasters fit the vibe of sophisticated blasters that fire explosives without looking out of place.

Whoops, just fixed it. Thanks for letting me know!

3 Likes

I like Vorox in general, and this is fantastic! The legs look especially neat and powerful. The forearms might be too much brown by just a hair, but there’s not much to be done about that.

3 Likes

I’ve been wanting to make my own version of Kabrua for a while, and I think this just got my creative side back up and running. This has a lot of stuff that I’ve been looking to use, like the heavy emphasis of the cyborg elements compared to the regular Vorox and the Hero Factory launcher as the Force Blaster.
I never had the thought of using Avak brown, though. It really works well. Overall, nicely done.

3 Likes

This is definitely by favorite Kabrua of the ones I’ve seen. Granted, I haven’t seen all that many Kabrua Mocs. I like how you didn’t just make him a big Vorox, but also gave him some unique features, like the digitigrade legs, hunched back, reddish brown, and larger staff.

The photography is absolutely gorgeous, as usual!

3 Likes

This is exactly what I imagine kabura looking like.

4 Likes

Now that’s a canon winner. If ttv ever gives us a Kabrua contest…

10 Likes

That first photo is beautiful.

I really like how (unlike other Kabrua build’s I’ve seen) you’ve made him both still feel like a Vorox while also distinguishing him clearly from the others. Most go too far one way or the other (and he ends up looking either samey, or like some weird subspecies instead of just a big fella). Probably the best MoC of him I’ve seen.

Great Force Blaster too - I know it’s just a retool of the Hero Factory weapons, but it matches the description (and that one panel from Mata-Nui Saga that I like to headcanon shows Force Blasters) really nicely.

Great job!

2 Likes

Wow, this is awesome! I can’t even describe how much I love this.

Where do I vote? (JK) :wink:

3 Likes

The slizer head has no right to work that well with him, but it really really does.

7 Likes

Been waiting for you to upland pics of this moc on here for a while now

3 Likes

The Vorox were some of my favorite from '09. In fact, that whole year is under-rated
Cool MOC!

2 Likes

Will you be doing instructions on Kabrua soon? + will you be building the Element Lords?

1 Like

he’s a b i g bonkle, that’s for sure.
i like the sword.

ooh this is really cool