Kai, Toa of fire/Dragos, Toa of dragons flame - Stopmotion self moc

So as I’ve realized neither of my self mocs aren’t that animatable, stopmotion wise, so I’ve made a third one just for the Stopmotions!
Oh sure, I’ll include Kelt and Tekan eventually but for the beginning vids (and most others) I’ll be using Kai, or as he likes to be called, Dragos, Toa of dragons flame!

==========

Dragos is not your average Toa, as can be seen. Of course, he wasn’t always the way he looks now.
Originally he was your standard Ta-matoran from a relatively standard village on a surface island far removed from Mata-Nui’s, similar in design to Metru-Nui’s own in truth, but smaller.
Of course this doesn’t mean he was a ‘normal’ matoran, personality wise.
He was more of an adventurer than a mask maker, oh sure, he did his fair share of mask welding… even if they were usually a bit… odd… He was one who’d take risks, (try) to setup parties, a prankster, one who’d teach himself Tree-speak (and did) just to mess with others, really he was more of a Le-matoran than a Ta-matoran if one thought of it.
But still, there were reasons he was picked for his position as Toa once said time came.

He is a survivor, a knowledge gatherer, one who seems a fool yet is far from it. All skills that made him the best candidate for toa at the time. His village had recently been experiencing odd rahi attacks, matoran vanishing in the night, strange, unknown and dangerous rahi being spotted during hunting trips and strange sounds heard within the caves and woods at night.
He was chosen along with 3 others to become Toa and hunt down the rahi, Kai tracking them while trying to identify the species. unfortunately he didn’t identify them before they found them, well, really in truth the rahi found them first. Visorak to be specific.

The team was quickly swarmed, over powered, and cocooned to be mutated, the village soon following. Kai was one of the lucky few, managing to keep his sentience, the others… not so much, each changing into savage, mutated, and beastly combinations of bionicle and rahi.

Many of the sentient few either died by the hands of their animallistic ‘brothers’ and ‘sisters’, the rest quickly hiding and dispersing into groups.
Kai was quickly blamed by all for his failure of protecting them and subsequently exiled from the island. He has since been traveling the world, hearing tales of the exploits of other Toa’s and their teams, most specifically for him, tales of the Misfits or the Toa-Unknown dependent on who was asked, a team composed of odd ‘Toa’s’, ranging from what was essentially a living pile of parts, to even beings that many would consider Makuta’s or close enough, such as the groups founder/‘leader’, Tekan, a titanous Toa of shadows.

Kai, now known as Dragos after being exiled from his island, quickly became fascinated by the team, and subsequently wishing to join, realizing that a team such as theirs would easily accept a mutant such as he, and once he learned of their disbanding, obsessed with the idea of fining them, bringing them back together, bringing back to the world what he considered to be one of the greatest Toa teams.

He has since been traveling and adventuring, following rumors in attempts to find them.

Personality: Kai has always been a bit of a nutcase, excitable, playful, and all around adventurous. These aspects have only been increased since his mutation and subsequent slightly more animallistic tendencies. Such as waving his tail when happy.

He’s also quite friendly and a bit naive, mainly due to his age. He’s actually quite young for a toa, the best way to put it is that he’s in his ‘teen’ years.
He does have a tendency to pounce on those he considers his friends though…

Other attributes: Kai appears to have been mutated into a combination of Toa and some kind of draconian rahi from his exposure to visorak venom, which is also a big reason for why he calls himself as such.

He is an expert tracker and identify many of the more ‘standard’ rahi from their tracks and can (partially) speak at least a few of their languages and is always attempting to learn more so as to increase his own skills.

His attacks mainly consist of either using ripper blades or ‘breathing’ flame, I.e. summoning his element from within a point near/inside his mouth, his control allowing for protection.

===========
Pose & Quote:

Pose & Quote - 1: Animal

”I… AM… DRAGOS!!! RAAAOOOOAAHH!!!”

Pose & Quote - 2: Celebration

“Woooo! We won! Yay!”

Pose & Quote - 3: Pounce

“Wait for it… wait for it…~”

10 Likes

The mask looks just weird! Other than that it is pretty meh. 8/10

3 Likes

Custom painted mate, also, I just feel it works with his colour scheme and yeah, he’s a pretty simple moc, just made for stopmtion purposes, a good enough look combined with proper poseability.

1 Like

Why you say that the other mocs weren’t good enough?

1 Like

Oh no, plenty of them are good but they’re a bit… difficult to animate, oh sure I could, but it’s easier to have a simple reason one at first, and this also allows room for a story to grow and gives me a guy to use while I add in other stuff given time.
Also, most of them don’t work to well outside of a team and none of them would really be main characters, that’d be Kelt or Tekan, both of my self mocs… who’re also Titan sets basically. So I made this guy, standard Toa and he works well for a stopmotion selfmoc even when I do get around to animating all of them.

1 Like

The arms are a bit too long, also the lack of chest armour is strange.
Other than those nitpicks the moc is pretty cool.

1 Like

Huh… that’s pretty odd now that you mention it, both the arms and legs are the same build… must be because of the chest piece I used, which is also why he doesn’t exactly have armour, the piraka chest pieces are a touch odd in that design… am trying to build something for it though, just gonna take a bit of fiddling.

1 Like

Far too basic for my liking

1 Like

Eh, just needed a quick stopmotion moc, he works, has fairly good balance and I am planning on some changes for him soon-ish… as long as I can find those parts again…