Kanohi, City of Masks [Worldbuilding][Pitch]

Using the names of the Toa @JediTimeLord824 picked but switching them to the ones who take the masks, as @UltimateMustacheX suggested, works incredibly well. Tuyet’s betrayal could be caused by a disagreement about taking the masks from the matoran, which instead of betrayal, could be looked at as a difference of opinion or even the defending of her peoples’ rights.

@Bokarda, if you need another set of Toa for a future pitch, I recommend maybe the other protectors from g2 as I don’t believe they’ve been used yet.

2 Likes

I would hold off on those, purely because the names stink compared to other G2 names, or G1 names. To be honest, I’d much sooner see the Makuta/Barraki names get used for toa before those protector names.

2 Likes

I don’t find them that bad but they aren’t that familiar either, so I can see your point.

1 Like

This seems to be pretty cool, but let’s face it, nobody will want to know every combination.

1 Like

Hey, what’s up? Sorry I’m late.

I see you’ve swapped my choices for the guys that seal the masks, and that actually works pretty swell.

2 Likes

Hah! Face. It’s funny because mask… I’ll stop…

True, no one would want to know every combination, but I was bored and wanted to see how it would work. This was more for me than anyone else :stuck_out_tongue:.

2 Likes

Yeah! Hah!

1 Like

Just going over some of the potential from the Mahri Nui pitch.

Very. I think there’s a good way to tie this to the Barraki, as well.

The Barraki in @AntrozT6’s Mahri Nui pitch retain their warmongering natures, and they could be the ones that escalate the abuse of the Kanohi Masks to such an extreme, the Elemental Gods (Nuva) summon forth the Toa to deal with the threat. The Toa are chosen to confiscate the Kanohi Masks from the Barraki and seal them away (the masks in the Suva and the Barraki in prison), and then destroy the blueprints for the masks and the forges that were used to make them.

2 Likes

Yes, yes, that could work…and then, I could see Tuyet having kind of an Isildur-type betrayal just as they are about to destroy the masks.

One question; if none of this ends up being canon, what are we going to do with it?

1 Like

Keep it visible to the public for the sake of imagination :rainbow: :laughing:

1 Like

Well, that always works.

1 Like

It was kind of a throwaway line in this pitch (which is overall very good and well thought out) but I really like the idea that the Elemental Lords are called the Nuva. Doubt the rest of the cast will agree with it, but I just thought that was really cool.

3 Likes

I can’t take credit for that. @RAKRONDEWL was the first to use that term ‘Nuva’ in his Elemental Gods and the First Toa topic.

Thanks for the feedback, though! I’ve actually created an entire hub topic for various topics I’ve come across. Not sure how much of it you’ll like or use, but it’s there for the sake of brainstorming.

2 Likes

Maybe a “Toa Nuva” is a Toa completely in tune or maybe hosting the spirit of an elemental lord. I’m picturing it looking like Aang going full-on Avatar.

1 Like

So, this? I know you’ve seen it before, but it’s relevant to your comment.

@Bokarda,
A strong pitch, and I would not be disappointed if this pitch was adopted. :thumbsup:
But, it strikes me that this mask making system is a little too close to the one in G2. :thinking:

1 Like

…G2 did this? I thought their masks were only related to one element?

For Ekimu’s masks, yes. But, Makuta achieved a more varied power-set by mixing elements.
(I think that he makes a mask of plant-growth in the second graphic novel, but I could be mistaken)

2 Likes

Ah. I didn’t realize it had already been done. I seem to be having quite a few instances like this, lately.

I still think the mask-making system could work (I highly doubt it was related to G2’s cancellation. I hope I’m right when I say that).

Also, I feel very unclean now. Not because my idea is similar to G2’s, but because G2 had that idea.

1 Like

No need to worry. If anything, G2 failed because aspects of the story like this were woefully underemphasized.

3 Likes