Keravnos: Toa of Energy

Well uh

Now I feel like a grade A jerk

;-;

Well exuuuuseeee me, princess.

(/s)

3 Likes

Honestly, I belong in that list, I just tend to not post my lengthy replies that detail all the faults because I know they would be harsh. :wink:

2 Likes

if it’s any better, some of us still find the moc good

2 Likes

@JMP: Like me? I actually do like it, but here are my friendly critiques.

His collar-bone/shoulder area needs something hearty to cover those Technic beams.

The “horns” could be done differently, but I do like the concept you went with.

His fore-arms are a bit gappy, but a couple more pieces would be all they need.

His shins are a bit to wide on top for how thin they are at the bottom. Maybe add a few big pieces on either side of his ankles, going up his leg to make it filled out a bit more.

On a similar note, I would use a different method to add jets to his feet.

Overall, this is a pretty good build. After a few small changes, it will be great. I’d say 8/10.

1 Like

Giving up as soon as you hear too much criticism is never good, just keep on MOCing and you’ll start to get better, it’s like drawing or any other type of art, you just gotta practice.

5 Likes

^This. Also, you already have quite the good start. Practice, and become a master!

yeah, what he said! You gotta have self confidence! Besides, the moc is pretty good compared to some mocs

I’ve already fixed the gappy forearms,and the ears are supposed to be like the Optimus Prime ears. I’ll post an updated pic eventually!

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see it!

2 Likes

What?!? Your MOC was amazing. I for one don’t look for technical pros or cons in a MOC and I’m probably not the only one. Those are good things for building but sometimes we forget that that’s not the only thing that matters. In my book if a MOC looks good, it looks good and I say this looks awesome.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m in the process of fixing him up a bit, such as adding leg supports and distributing the gold better. I’ll have a new picture eventually!

4 Likes

If anybody is still monitoring this topic, I’ll probably be posting an updated picture of Keravnos tomorrow. Here are the things I’ve changed:

-Armored up the backs of his legs and put pistons out further from his legs
-Put a little bit more gold on him
-Added leg supports (big shout out to @Artakha_the_Creator for help on that)
-Gave him a secondary weapon/tool
-Shoulder mounted cannon
-Added a shield
Alright, see you guys tomorrow!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Alright, now for the moment you have all (probably not) been waiting for…

Keravnos is back! So some things you can see just from the front (sorry for the glare) is that he has a Shoulder cannon, less gappy forearms and lower legs, and that he’s better armored (sorta). So those are just some all round pictures. Closer view of the leg supports and again, MASSIVE thanks to @Artakha_the_Creator for help with those. I put more armor on the backs of his legs, and finally… Size comparison with his secondary weapon, his smithing hammer. Enjoy, and feedback is welcome!

4 Likes

The chest… The legs…the wheel…the sword…the hammer…the Midak sky blaster
Drools

I just love it man

2 Likes

Thanks! The wheel is his shield, and before anyone says “It has holes in it” Keravnos can use his elemental energy to coat it with a thin layer of Nova Light to make attacks just bounce off! The Midak Skyblaster is just there because it looks cool, and the hammer is what he uses to create armor, masks, weapons, etc.

I’ll offer a few tiny critiques:

-The supports look like they’re working great.
-I like the idea of the shield, but it’s position looks like it’d be a little difficult to use it as…well…a shield. (Feel free to post some poses to rebut this)
-The hammer is worthy of Ekimu.
-The armor’s greatly improved.
-I’m wondering how little silver teeth pieces would look in the top of the head-pistons. They wouldn’t necessarily be needed (He looks fine now, anyways), but, if you can, maybe you can see how it’d look.
-I like the idea of the skyblaster, and it doesn’t jut out too distractedly, so that’s good. However, I advise that you fill it with zamor spheres that blend better with the color scheme. Now, there’s the light blueish-green ones from Hahli Inika, the gold and dark-gray ones from the '06 zamor sphere bonus pack, the silver ones that came from the aforementioned pack and the skyblasters, and the orange ones from Hewkii Inika and the '07 Matoran/Hydruka/playsets. If you don’t have any of them, I understand.

9/10

I have a bunch of silver, but I’m probably going to stick with the blue, because they are orbs of elemental energy story wise, and I’m quite happy with them, and the shield is just as effective as any real-life shield.

Well, there’s always the bluish-green and orange zamor spheres, but it’s your choice. It’s not a make-or-break kind of issue.

I’ve never actually seen the blue-green ones to be honest, so I might look into that!