Keravnos: Toa of Energy

But I don’t know how to follow Ek’s advice!!!

1 Like

You don’t need to. It’s your moc, your own choice. Though by far it’s been a good moc

JMP is correct, do not let us dictate how your moc is made. We were only trying to give advice on how to improve and I am sorry if I came out as brash or arrogant. I can see you have put alot of time and effort into make this guy and I do not wish to discourage you.

1 Like

I’m just upset because I create something that I think is ok, and then I get on the forums and see MOCs made by Ekorak and Shadowgear and Chro, and I know that I’ll never be as good as them.

you have any idea why they’re so good?

practice, and lots of it.

they were no better than you when they started moccing.

2 Likes

Then ask him to elaborate, or you can just ignore him and go about things your own way. You don’t really have to follow his advice. They’re only suggestions, not orders.

It happens to all of us, Keravnos. There’s always going to be those top dogs you’ll never reach the heights of. It’s just a consequence of the being in any sort of artistic community (Yes, MOC-building counts as art). If it’s any comfort, a lot of us are in the same boat. Just work to improve. You can be great in your own way.

3 Likes

Alright, I’m back. I just needed time to cool off. Sorry bout that. I’m in my teen years. I tend to over-react a lot!

2 Likes

s’okay, I completely understand how that feels.

1 Like

Yeah. But for all you guys who like the MoC, I’ll keep working on him until he’s PERFECT!!! :smiley:

3 Likes

THAT’S THE SPIRIT! I can’t wait to see what’s in store next. And if you have any smaller mocs, don’t be scared to post them. I know that many of the guys here will do there best to support you.

1 Like

Like others have said, MOCing just takes a lot of practice. You told me that

This is one of my MOCs from 7 years ago:

As you can see, I’ve improved my skills since then, largely due to practice. :stuck_out_tongue:

However, practice only really works if you have something telling you what to improve on. I’d like to think that my MOCs are substantially better than they were before I joined the Boards, largely due to the criticism of Hawkie and others. So don’t take it personally if others criticize you. I know that it can feel hurtful at times, but it’s all for the greater good.

As far as this MOC goes, don’t be afraid to take apart certain sections and reassemble it in a different fashion. :wink:

4 Likes

Okay so

This is a moc I made a couple months back
in july I believe.

which after a month or three

imo, this was a much better improvement

now, this is my latest moc

http://i.imgur.com/cDxKOhk.jpg

In the course of a couple months, I have improved drastically

back then, when I made my first moc
I sucked, I really did
both mocing wise, and personality wise

I thought I could never get better,

and now I consider myself drastically better then when I first started
practice makes perfect

Also

A big moc, does not neccessarily mean a good one

I suggest you should revamp the guy as a smaller guy

Then slowly work your way to make him bigger, better, and awesome.

8 Likes

Another really good example is, who you mentioned before, Shadowgear6335!

If you watch this video you can see that even he had started off using just the unika build with just some simple tweaks. It took him three whole years at the time to get as good as he is!

6 Likes

I managed to miss this

how I am being lumped in with the professionals…

I mean, I do think I’m quite good, but I aint that good XD

5 Likes

He’s probably lumping you in because of your being an excessive critic as well as being a builder more experienced than him, making you seem more professional, in a sense, than maybe even you find yourself.

1 Like

Good point.

Man this is one of the most active topics for a single MOC ever…

4 Likes

I never posted before, but as I said elsewhere, this MOC is epically awesome. I particularly like the head design.

you and you alone.

1 Like

D: Hey…

i actually don’t mind the head design…

2 Likes