Khamave, Titan of Jungle

I built this several years ago and posted links to it in the Some mocs you made years ago topic. Then this @Hawkflight guy told me it was worth its own topic.

(Turns out getting images off Flickr when you’ve forgotten your password is a pain, though.)

The backstory I wrote at the time was as follows (it’s not that long, really, I think the word limit was ~200):

Summary

Khamave is the Element Titan of Jungle and the last remaining of his kind in the BIONICLE universe. The Element Titans were created by the Great Beings before the Core War as experiments in raw power. When the War broke out, the Titans joined their respective elemental tribes and were pitted against each other—to their own destruction. Khamave allied with the Element Titan of Water and together they attempted to stop the conflict. When the War climaxed with the shattering of the planet, the Titan of Water was lost and a despairing Khamave sought for a way to escape the evils of the battle-torn world. He smuggled himself into the Great Beings’ Mata Nui robot and lived in the jungles of the Southern Continent for many years, until word came to him of the Kanohi Vahi—the Mask of Time. Believing the Vahi to be the key to undoing the Core War and saving his lost friend, Khamave left the south to seize the mask. Since the Mata Nui robot’s return to Spherus Magna and subsequent destruction, he has tracked the Vahi out into his old home and intends to find and use it—at any cost.

If I were to build this again now, it probably wouldn’t be much better, as my building skills increase at a microscopic rate. To be fair, I did build it for a contest for which I barely met the deadline. I’d definitely give him a tail and bigger claws, both of which were suggested when I first posted him.

Khamave is still my biggest and, I think, my favorite MOC to date.

Thanks for viewing!

(Also I can’t seem to select a preview thumbnail, or I’m just oblivious. Sorry, folks.)

24 Likes

I really like this. I don’t understand why you say it is bad, since it’s much better than many titans I’ve seen online.

4 Likes

Yeah this looks cool. I like the color scheme and the lore is pretty good, nice job.

3 Likes

It’s not bad, it’s certainly the best MOC I’ve pulled off. I was just saying that it probably wouldn’t be noticeably changed or improved if I went at it today, except for a few extra features.

Also thanks and thanks @Rukah.

3 Likes

i like the hair tentacles and the spiky shell like back

2 Likes

good stuff! love the color choice of the bronze/gold.

2 Likes

looks cool!

2 Likes

I love the use of Kualsis for the feet. It’s the only MOC I’ve ever seen that used them that way, and it looks perfect!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

Wait–really? I did something maybe original? Or at least rare? =P

3 Likes

Yes, you did. And it worked perfectly!

1 Like

That Hawkflight guy was right

1 Like

About what?

1 Like

Your moc is worth its own topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes